rock songs

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by 4stringSlaughtr, Jan 14, 2013.

1. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

im sorry if this is the wrong area to post ...i wasnt sure if i should post in the tabs section or the live sound section...but anyway here goes, looking for some easier songs to learn to perform at a few local bars live, looking for classic rock genre , not against doing some 80's bands either, things we are covering now are
    cold gin - kiss
    rock & roll - zepp
    kickstart my heart - crue
    slither -velvet revolver
    shine - collective soul

things that are rather easy...now my level of playing i'd say is starting to get stronger in the intermediate level...ive gotten a lot of metallica songs down, some megadeth, working on war pigs, gotten a lot of zepp tunes down..unfortunately im in 2 bands right now, and they are looking to gig together , so obviously they dont wanna play the same tunes , its a weird situation i guess...so the band im referring to right now, is looking for some easier songs that we can get down rather quickly , that are still pretty rockin...we are looking into possibly getting a keyboard player for a few van halen and bon jovi tunes, definitely not against some blues suggestions , or some older like chuck berry tunes , as those kind tunes have a lot of wiggle room to make rockin, im able to improvise lots of bass lines into 12 bar blues and walking bass lines, my main problem right now, is just that i cant think of anything hah, anywho im rambling a bit, i appreciate any input!! thanks in advance

~4strings!:bassist:

2. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

i apologize in advance if i posted in the wrong forums =[

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

You will get a lot more answers to your question in the recordings forum than the tab forum.

You are on the right track with the aforementioned bands really. Here are a couple easy ones my band is currently covering in no particular order:

Standing in the sun - Slash
    Heavy - Collective Soul
    Wicked Garden - STP
    Arkells - The boss is coming (might be Canadian famous... you are in Michigan, I dunno)
    Tragically Hip - Locked in the trunk of a car (see above note)
    Creed - What if
    The Cult - Fire woman

Hope that helps.

4. rebel1222

rebel1222

Hot blooded -Foreigner
    Tush - ZZ top
    rock you like a hurricnae -Scorpions
    Sex type thing
    Hwy to hell -acdc
    TNT - acdc
    Mother - Danzig