Rockbass Streamer Standard vs. LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selios, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Selios

Selios

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a relatively cheap backup for my USA Fender Precision (but not a Squier P, as I'd like something different) and I've decided that I'd like a Streamer due to its smaller body shape. My question is, since I've heard that the Rockbass series Streamer Standard has mixed reports on weak pickup output, should I get the active LX instead? I generally prefer the simplicity of passive electronics and my Fender (passive) actually has the highest output of all my current basses including the actives. I play an Ampeg SVT 5 Pro through a 4x10 cabinet, so do you think the available gain could compensate for the output of the Streamer Standard, or would it leave something to be desired? I'm even considering using whatever Streamer I get as a primary gigging bass because the smaller body is becoming really important to me while playing live, and I would use the P as a backup.

Thanks!
  2. Smashsquatch

Smashsquatch Supporting Member

I have a rockbass streamer 5 and I don't have a problem with weak output. I keep my gain on my pre set to about 2.5. I'm also considering selling it since I just picked up a fantastic custom from MDBass.