1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

roger glover

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mike phillips, Dec 10, 2006.

1. mike phillips

mike phillips

i was just thinkin that there is not much mention of roger glover in these here forums. is he not looked upon as a good bassist? or is there other reasons? roger is the reason i wanted to play bass, that thunderin ric in smoke on the water was like a siren song to me. it called out to me. it took 35 years for me to pick up a bass and he is the reason why.
  2. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

All my favourite guys go relatively unmentioned here. Pappalardi, Greg Ridley, and the baddest of the bad Roger Glover. He's such a pirate, and really gets fantastic tone, too.
  3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Personally I really like his playing, it is very tasteful and he grooves very well. I haven't found anything of his I dislike. He doesn't seem to bring a whole lot of attention to himself and seems to prefer the supporting role which is why he gets overlooked IMO. You can learn a lot from his playing.
  4. superbassman2000

superbassman2000

his SOTW bassline got me into bass as well :)
    I really enjoy his playing, the sound of his ric on the whole machine head album really turned me on to bass :)
  5. slugworth

slugworth

Vigier Guitars has introduced the "Roger Glover Signature" model if anyone is interested. It's not shown on the website yet, but it is an Excess II model with a 3 band Glockenklang preamp, matching headstock color and some snazzy glow in the dark knobs and fret markers.

Slug
  6. scuba steve

scuba steve

+1000. i love me some roger glover
  7. TOMANO

TOMANO

Roger is a great musician and a wonderful man. I had the pleasure of interviewing him a few years ago and he is the real deal.

TOMANO