1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Roger Waters EQ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Sauna, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Scott Sauna

Scott Sauna

I have a Squier VM P bass and I would like to know what Amp/Bass Settings would work for the Roger Waters tone, specifically the Live at Pompeii tone in the link. Also, I am using the stock strings. I have heard Flats actually sound good with rock music and I would like to try them. Any recommendations?

Around 7 Minutes into the link is that tone I am craving! Thanks!
  2. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

turn the tone knob to full and use a big old tube amp. There's nothing particularly unique about that tone
  3. Dragan

Dragan

dont forget pick and roto flatwounds.
  4. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Rotosound flats or Chromes played with a pick, and a relatively bright eq without a tweeter should get you close to the Waters tone. He used hiwatt amps which are very flat and clean tube amps, but anything clean and not too scooped should work.
  5. Meddle

Meddle

The Pompeii Tone!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Flatwounds are a must. Roll off the bass a bit, and increase the high-mids. Even on the worst Pink Floyd bootlegs circa 1970-1972 you can hear the bass bellowing away thanks to that upper-mid frequency punch.
  6. Bassdude15

Bassdude15

Upper mids and bass around 8, low miss around 5-6, and treble
    at 4 is what I use when playing PF covers. Tone nob fully open, with fresh rotosound flats and a heavy pick will get you most of the way (plus a pbass of course:D).