Rogue VB100 Violin Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fastvee, Feb 19, 2014.

1. fastvee

fastvee

Hello All,
    This is my first post after lurking and reading for a while. I learned a lot and have been doing all my own setup and repair work, but have never owned or worked on a hollow body. I received the VB100 yesterday and spent an hour getting the setup closer so I could give it a good try. I was pretty happy until I found the strings aren't centered on the neck. After closer examination it appears the tail piece and bridge are not centered on the body, approx. 1/8" from the center line. I'm OK with relocating the tail piece but am balking at removing the bridge because I don't know how or if it is attached to the body. It almost looks as if there is a layer of plastic sheet underneath. I was prepared for some minor repair after reading all of the reviews and just want to take this slow so I don't damage anything. I am assuming there are two holes for the bridge screws that could probably be opened up a bit to move the bridge. Sorry to be so wordy but can anyone shed some light on the Rogue bridge attachment?
    Thank You,
    John
    2013 Fender Black Top Jazz MIM
    1985 Fender Jazz Bass Special MIJ
    2006 Fender Fretless Jazz MIM
    Fender P Foto Flame Re-body

2. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

It's a floating bridge, and that plastic sheeting or whatever is to protect it from marring the finish. It's made to be moved around to set intonation and be centered if needed.

3. fastvee

fastvee

Thanks for the reply Landau Roof! Problem solved. I pushed the bridge to align the strings and re-tuned. Found out I can move the bridge even without releasing string tension, and I don't have to relocate the tail piece. I'm happy that I won't have to ship it back.

4. gary m

gary m

I owned one of these briefly...on mine, I set the bridge position and intonation then sunk two wood screws through the bridge into the top.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

You're welcome, fastvee

Hope whoever you sold it to keeps the exact same make, model, and gauge of strings you were using on it.

7. gary m

gary m

Actually, that's how it worked out...another Pyramid user.