Roland Cube 60xl Bass-New Amp Day

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Gnosticbass, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

I just purchased this amp yesterday from my local mom and pop guitar shop. I bought it at a closeout sale 40% off the street price. Needless to say I couldn't pass it up. I had originally just wanted the 20 watt version but apparently Roland is in the process of updating this line of amps so the shop was unable to order anymore hence the closeout price on the 60 watt model. I haven't really had time to try all the features out but so far I'm very happy with this amp. This has got to be the coolest practice amp I have ever owned. Roland should consider offering this in a head only version say 200-300 watts. That would make a great working bass player live amp. I checked the Roland site and didn't see any indication of just such an amp. Has anyone on the forum heard anything to this effect?
  2. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
    I've been hoping for the same thing, if not a head, then a pre. They did make a pre some years ago, but it was short lived and discontinued. I have been using a DB700 combo for 10 years now, and love the tones I get. It's a heavy combo though, around 300 watts, and I would wish for something in the 500 watt range if they ever come out with a head.
  3. dlb1001

dlb1001

I have the 120 watt version...great practice amp for home and band practice (only if the drummer isn't heavy handed and/or the guitar player leaves the stack at home!).
    Haven't had use for some of the effects, except for the compressor.
  4. DannyBob

DannyBob

I never understood the Cube amps? I mean, I played one once, and it just seemed so effect orientated that it didn't seem like an amp, and just a multi effect box with a speaker?

I would actually love someone to prove me wrong like :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

I'm with you dln1001 the effects are fun to play with but as far as a permanent setting the compressor is great. I really enjoy the concert 810 amp setting as I get my basic ampeg tone without having to crank it. I also like the trace Elliot setting as well and will probably switch a lot between the two. All and all a great practice amp no complaints.