1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Roland KC-550 Input Impedance?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Swing Doom, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Swing Doom

Swing Doom

Has anybody used one of these? I've been googling around hand haven't been able to find anything. I know it's a keyboard amp but I will need to use one of these soon and I'm wondering if I'm going to need something to act as an impedance buffer for my Realist. I'm wondering about the 4 quarter-inch inputs, not the XLR input.
  2. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

I'd say you can count on it. Given its intended purpose, it wouldn't make sense for Roland to engineer it with piezo-friendly inputs.
  3. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

I use an Fdeck pre with a Roland KC300 sometimes and it works just fine.
  4. Swing Doom

Swing Doom

Since you mentioned it, do you happen to know the output impedance of the Fdeck? The input impedance is 1 Mega-ohm, correct?
  5. DoubleMIDI

DoubleMIDI

Look at the schematic which is freely available from Francis Deck.

The input impedance is 10 MOhm and the output impedance 10KOhm for Version II and (more or less) zero Ohms for Version I (I think, but probably about 2 KOhms). At least low enough for a line input, not low enough for a mic input, but the voltage would be too high for a mic input anyway, so this doesn't matter.