Roland super cube-60

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Gintaras, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

On a whim, I bought a Roland Super cube-60 bass amp on Ebay. I cannot find anything on it and talked to Roland and they did not have anything on it and the tech I talked to was going to try to find out something about it. If I google the super cube, all the sights that come up are in spanish. Now you will find the cube-60 but not the super cube-60. (the word 'super' threw off the roland people) :hyper: I bought this because of the good reviews on the cube bass amps. (I am a mid life newbie and upgrading from a Peavey Microbass) Can anyone enlighten me about this amp and If you had one can you give me some feedback. My main bass is a Carvin LB75
  2. kynan

kynan

Gintaras, you bought a beauty. I had one in the 80's a have always regretted selling it. Most people don't so they're hard to find. I remember it had a sweet 'middy' kind of sound. I sold mine to a double bass player who wanted to amp up for smal jazz gigs. You've done well. K
  3. Drahcir59

Drahcir59

Gintaras,
    I also have the Roland Super Cube Bass 60 (scb-60) amp. I found a site that has the manuals for it.
    www.Transanalog.com
    Check it out and let me know
  4. bassexplorer

bassexplorer

Hi
    I agree totally, this amp is perfect for any kind of small gigs. It never let me down in 25 years. I once played it in a large ware house. They actually had to ask me to keep it lower (a 60 watt solid state!): I'd put it in a corner, and the sound was huge.
    By the way, does anyone knows if it's possible to use the 60scb as a simple cabinet, using it with a fender 50w head into the "stack" input?
  5. Register to disable this ad