1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rolls PM351 Question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by SoCalBassman, Mar 5, 2014.

1. SoCalBassman

SoCalBassman

I've been checking out the Rolls PM351 and I'm trying to figure out if I can run a line out from my Sansamp to the PM351 to use for my IEM's

Does anybody here know if it will work this way?

2. gzarate85

gzarate85

Not real sure I know what your talking about, but you might try hitting up Vision here on TB he seems to know quite a bit on these rolls. I use mine strictly as a practice amp with IEM's.

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Here it is straight from the manual:
    INSTRUMENT INPUT:
    1/4" TRS stereo jack for
    connection to an instru-
    ment or line level signal
    such as a guitar proces-
    sor, keyboard, or instru-
    ment preamp output.

4. SoCalBassman

SoCalBassman

Thanks for the responses.
    I've read the manual. To me that sounds like it should work. I'm hoping somebody who has one will know for sure before I spend the money on one.

What I want to do is guitar into Sansamp, Sansamp XLR out to PA, Sansamp Instrument out or Parallel out to PM351, PM351 Headphone out to IEM's.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Yes. The manual isn't actually lying. I've done it.

You don't say which SansAmp you're using, but some of the Tech21 gear can put out a lot of signal (VT Bass, I'm looking at you). If you run your preamp with gain and volume dimed, you might find yourself distorting the 351's instrument input.

At non-extreme settings, though, you should be good.

7. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

Yes it does, I have ran my bass into it , my mic and a monitor send. They are great if your moving around!

8. SoCalBassman

SoCalBassman

That's what I was hoping to hear.

I have the Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe. It has a 1/4" line out for PA and a buffered direct parallel out. I would probably use the parallel out since the Sansamp settings won't affect the output like the regular out will.

Thanks again for the help guys.