1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rondo/Douglas Semi-Hollow thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FloridaTim, Feb 11, 2014.

1. FloridaTim

FloridaTim

I have always been a sucker for the look of the old hollow body guitars. I know SX has some love around here, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this particular bass and what were their thoughts.

I play classic rock covers with some newer stuff mixed in. Typical cover band stuff. Also like to play some blues when I get together with people outside my band.

[​IMG]
  2. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

I'd be curious as well. I had thoughts about the white version of that particular model.
  3. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

There was a NBD thread about this bass a month or so back, would be worth finding. IIRC, it was a good one with plenty of info.
  4. Kaepora

Kaepora

One of these came in used a long time ago at the store I work at. Wouldn't pass on it, but it lacks. Couldn't hold a tune at all either, but to be expected. Didn't sound terrible either, but it is a "you get what you pay for" kind of situation.
  5. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I have one, it's a great bass. I am currently selling several of my too-many basses(over 50), the black Douglas is one that I'm selling.
    [​IMG]
  6. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I wonder how this one compares to the Ibanez artcore. The one with the useless tone knob.
  7. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

I was looking at one of these last week in a pawn shop. The action was high enough to stick the tip of my little finger under at the last fret, and it still buzzed. The price is right, $150 but I can't stand a buzzing bass. The neck didn't look bad to me so I'm not sure if a proper setup would fix it or not. I'd like to hear from TBers on the subject as well. Any comments anyone?

8. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

BUMP.........Can anyone speak on these??????