1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rondo/Douglas Semi-Hollow thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FloridaTim, Feb 11, 2014.

1. FloridaTim

FloridaTim

I have always been a sucker for the look of the old hollow body guitars. I know SX has some love around here, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this particular bass and what were their thoughts.

I play classic rock covers with some newer stuff mixed in. Typical cover band stuff. Also like to play some blues when I get together with people outside my band.

[​IMG]

2. Batmensch

Batmensch

I'd be curious as well. I had thoughts about the white version of that particular model.

3. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

There was a NBD thread about this bass a month or so back, would be worth finding. IIRC, it was a good one with plenty of info.

4. Kaepora

Kaepora

One of these came in used a long time ago at the store I work at. Wouldn't pass on it, but it lacks. Couldn't hold a tune at all either, but to be expected. Didn't sound terrible either, but it is a "you get what you pay for" kind of situation.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I have one, it's a great bass. I am currently selling several of my too-many basses(over 50), the black Douglas is one that I'm selling.
    [​IMG]

7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I wonder how this one compares to the Ibanez artcore. The one with the useless tone knob.

8. ejaggers

ejaggers

I was looking at one of these last week in a pawn shop. The action was high enough to stick the tip of my little finger under at the last fret, and it still buzzed. The price is right, $150 but I can't stand a buzzing bass. The neck didn't look bad to me so I'm not sure if a proper setup would fix it or not. I'd like to hear from TBers on the subject as well. Any comments anyone?

9. ejaggers

ejaggers

BUMP.........Can anyone speak on these??????

10. Buzter

Buzter

Decent bass. Full sound. Boomy if needed.A little buzzy until I did some work with the action. A lot of work. If you get a good one they're great.