Rondo's business.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punisher911, Jan 23, 2013.

1. punisher911

punisher911

So I recently bought 2 basses at the same time from Rondo. One had a loose neck pocket so I sent them both back. Per Kurt, because only one of them was faulty and I was just "unhappy" with the other one, my shipping charges were not refunded. It's a shame. I liked the Agile guitars that I owned.
  2. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

3. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Why did you return both if there was only a problem with one ?
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Curious as to why you returned both when only one had an issue?

It's not uncommon for online retailers to make the customer pay shipping on returns.
  5. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

I returned one because of a loose neck and Kurt was awesome. He even refunded me my return shipping without being asked.

These basses are extremely inexpensive and one can't expect a retailer to credit back everyone return shipping when it is 25-50% the value of the bass!
  6. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

Why would you expect a refund of shipping charges for the second bass? Here's an excerpt from Rondo's return policy on its website:

Seems pretty clear.
  7. punisher911

punisher911

I'm told my return shipping will be refunded by a check. It's the original shipping that isn't being refunded because of the one bass that didn't have a quality issue. I guess overall it's not a huge money thing, but it's still money.
  8. Doodaddy

Doodaddy Supporting Member

I don't see why it should be refunded. You returned a bass with no issue. Kurt can't be responsible for buyer's remorse.
  9. mr.black

mr.black

So... basically you wanted Rondo to pay to send YOU basses just to "check them out"? no bueno. honestly it's VERY generous and dumb of them to refund you ANY shipping. you realize that they are paying you JUST TO GET THEIR bass back? then to re-sellit at a (very) small profit margin. No wonder they had to close the brick and mortar store.
  10. punisher911

punisher911

My point is he is not refunding the faulty bass' shipping either.. Did somebody not read that? Yes, I chose to return them both. However, he is not refunding the shipping on the bass with the loose neck pocket either. His reason was because one was good, I should have kept them both. So I should be stuck with the bad one?

How is everybody focusing on the acceptable bass to include Kurt Z?????? MY POINT IS THE FAULTY BASS!!!!!!! PER HIS RETURN POLICY, I SHOULD BE REFUNDED FOR THE SHIPPING OF THE ONE BASS WITH THE UNACCEPTABLE QUALITY. I understand I sent the 2nd bass back of my own accord.
  11. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Open letter to Kurt:
    "dear Kurt, congrats in losing this bad customer for life. Please stay in business, I appologize for guys like this who drag all us small business owners down.
    The beauty of it is, Kurt, you will never have to deal with this particular yahoo again because he "hate quit" your service.
    Kurt, it was nice of you to refund the bass he simply was bored of. You offer a great service and keep up the good work!"
    Your Loyal Customers
  12. punisher911

punisher911

Glad to know I'm a "yahoo" because I was sent a subpar quality instrument and followed his return policy. He just did not live up to his end. I didn't ask for the shipping refund of both basses as per his policy. I asked for the shipping of the one instrument that was returnable under the faulty quality policy.

In further news. After some discussion with Kurt, he has rectified the situation anyway.
  13. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Is he sending a check for the return shipping on both basses or just the bad one ? My guess is the check will cover shipping both ways for the faulty bass but no shipping charges being returned for the one that had no problems.
  14. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

If you don't mind me asking, what was this unacceptable quality/defect you speak of? Did you take pics? Was it just the loose neck pocket? American Fenders come with loose pockets sometimes & they don't affect playability at all. Are you sure the neck just wasn't shifted in the pocket? That's a really easy fix.
  15. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Only "yahoos" return perfectly good basses out of boredom. I take no issue with you returning the faulty bass. Returning a perfectly good bass is simply unethical however.
    It is these practices which are stressing small business beyond its limits. I suspect the "perfectly good bass" now has to be sold as a refurb etc...
  16. ACNick

ACNick Guest

Is it really unethical to return a perfectly good bass? I ask as a serious question.

My local music stores do not carry all the gear I am interested in buying, and often times I do not get to try out the gear I want before I buy it. In these cases, I either have to pay a large deposit up front for the music store to order it, or just get it online myself. What if I don't like the product after I buy it; not because it is broken, but it just didn't sound or feel like I was expecting. Would it be wrong of me to take advantage of a manufacturers return policy to salvage what I can of my investment?
  17. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

A $100 bass that is "sub par"???

Stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you expecting a Sadowsky in the box?
  18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I don't really see a problem with returning a bass to a mom and pop, guitar center, Sam ash, or an internet retailer big or small. Abusing a return policy is certainly a dickish thing to do, but if a business doesn't wanna take returns,they shouldn't allow them. I'm not saying its ok to buy a bass, gig with it for 28 days,and then return it. But if I buy a perfectly good bass, play it for a bit at home and then realize I don't like it, I'll return it. And if the mook at the store wants to give me an attitude, I can live with it.

Having said that, while I've yet to buy a bass from rondo, I've corresponded with Kurt and from my experience and what I've read on here, he seems like a stand up guy.
  19. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

This makes me think that he'd rather nip this in the ass before it gets out of hand than believing you're right.

We all think you're out to lunch. ;)
  20. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

I think I can understand the guy discussing the unperfect lining of machine heads on his $15000 Alembic.
    Loose pocket on a $100 SX? Eat it.