1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rookie in Winnipeg

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by scla6986, Jan 9, 2014.

1. scla6986

scla6986

Hi all, I started playing bass a short time ago and am completely self taught. Anytime I had questions google brought me here and I've noticed there are some knowledgable people so hopefully this site can help me along my journey. I'm looking forward to hopefully making new friends and connections here. My real name is John if anyone cares lol. As I mentioned I'm very new so if anyone wants to recommend any videos/clips feel free to pass them on. Thanks everyone.

John

2. Rebornbassist

Rebornbassist

Hey my friend.I'm in Toronto.I used to be bass player in a band 25 years ago and I'm finally back at it.(Hence the username)I can't believe how much I missed it.
    We did a new years gig and it went well.I have to sing as well and can manage songs like white room and sultans of swing,but they are pushingÂ…gently,for me to sing, play that funky music white boy. Eeeeeps! I'm gonna give it a shot.
    I'm happy to have found this site.There seems to be a lot of good advice here.