1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Roscoe 3006 $1499 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ivlucas, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

I just picked this up recently but need to get the cash together for my Kudela Build so here it is. It's an early 3006 not sure which model. It has Bartolini pickups and 2 band preamp, locking tuners, mahogany body with a Koa top I believe, maple neck with a rosewood board. It does have some buckle rash on the back of the body shown in the pics. Overall the action is low and the bass plays great. Comes shipped in hardshell case price $1499 shipped View attachment 400880 View attachment 400881 View attachment 400882

2. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Supporting Member

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like an early SKB3006 Standard (looks like a flat top). On these models the only difference was the carved top everything else is like an SKB. I have an similar early Century Standard. Too me these early models have a thinner profile neck and are super comfortable. A Roscoe SKB 6 string for under $1500... If you ever thought about making the 6 string jump, well this is your bass.

3. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Don't do this to me! Should I pull the trigger? I'm thinking long and hard. I know I would have to change the tuners to black hipshot ones.

4. Tewest86

Hey, you seem to be a Roscoe expert. What kind of tuning keys are those. I've never seen that kind on a bass.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
  7. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman

The Sperzel tuners with small knobs mark it as a fairly old Roscoe 6, way before the Standards came out. There was an early flat-top model, the SKB 2006, but this actually looks to me like a carved top, so I'd say an early SKB 3006.

Definitely a great deal, though!

8. basspro557

basspro557 Supporting Member

Great price,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bumpppppppppppppppppp

9. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mike is right, that is an early 3006, not a 2006, there is a slight carve to it - that evolved into the present-day, more dramatic carve. Also, those are indeed Sperzel tuners.

GLWTS!

10. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Do it!!!

When I come to visit my sister, I'll visit it....

(I grew up in Slidell, south side, Salmen HS grad, sister still lives 2 blocks from the house we grew up in)

11. CrashClint

The price is right on this Roscoe! The Sperzel tuners do seem a little small for the bass and Hipshots would definitely do the upgrade trick.

There was a really rare Roscoe at the Raleigh GTG on Sunday, I wish I would have snapped a pick. Neck through and chambered with the Sperzel tuners, the owner said he hasn't had any issue with the tuners at all.

12. Tewest86

I was near Salmen HS yesterday. It totally new now. It was rebuilt after Katrina.

13. Tewest86

I take it that it's not a Hipshot bridge? Or am I wrong?

14. ivlucas

youre right its a Wilkerson

15. CrashClint

My old LG2005 had a Wilkinson, I replaced it with a Hipshot. At one time Wilkinson was the only company who made 6 string bridges.

16. ivlucas

Willing to trade up for the right necktru Smith

17. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter

Thats my Bass and I miss it already, sounded great to me. really dark roscoe tone.

BTW, whats wrong with Sperzel tuners? Just curious???

18. ivlucas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.