1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Roscoe Beck Forum?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ezbass, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Ezbass

Ezbass

I've just been debating whether to sell my RBIV as there was a guy who was interested in buying it. Anyway after 2 weeks of deliberation and a more than generous amount of playing the beast than ususal (my '63 P Bass has been my go to bass for the last 10 months) I've decided to keep this amazing instrument. So after a good search and not finding a specific owner's thread I was wondering if a forum or club would be in order to share photos, questions, mods and general RBIV&V love? No member numbers or anything at this point (unless there's a huge demand and in which case I take No1:D) we'll just see how it goes.

Anyway here's mine, a '95 RBIV in trans crimson which I've had for 2 years. To get the amount of neck relief I wanted I had to fit a washer to the truss rod as it had no more adustment left (20 fret rod on a 22 fret bass?) but other than that it's as standard.

[​IMG]

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Awesome! It dosn't look very transparent though.

Been looking for a LPB/Maple one for a while now.

3. Dave Muscato

Dave Muscato

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    My favorite bass color, with my favorite fingerboard material, on one of my favorite Fender models. Very nice!

4. Ezbass

Ezbass

Bad light, cheap point and shoot camera. I think it probably focused on my reflection, it's a bit better in this shot

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Darkstrike

I can see it now thanks! :)

How do you like the ramp?

7. Ezbass

Ezbass

Very much and the fact that it's clear (a stealth ramp?) means it doesn't affect the look of the bass too much.

8. Darkstrike

Cool, I was thinking of making a couple up for myself.

9. oldrocker

oldrocker

Here's mine. It's an '05 with ramp imstalled.
    I also almost sold mine a few weeks back but decided to keep it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

Hey Oldrocker
    Mine's an '03, but could be you bass's twin.
    Just picked her up a few weeks ago. I've wanted one for a while, found this one on eBay. Was NOS and the price was right. I'm getting used to the neck, but I wish the vol knob was an inch or two south.
    All in all, a very cool instrument.

Attached Files:

11. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

I have a 97' five string in Shoreline Gold on its way to me from Cali. It is supposedly in dead mint condition (driven to church on Sunday only twice!):bassist:

Anyway, from everything I've heard about these bad boys, I know I'm going to love it. I hope I see it before New Years!:hyper:

12. sonic assassin

sonic assassin

i really want a RB5 with a maple FB.. but i cant find/afford one.

13. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

I'd love to get my hands on one of these but I've never had the opportunity.

EZBass - Is that really a '95? I didn't think the 4 string showed up until Summer Namm in 2003, but as usual, I'm probably wrong.

14. Ezbass

Ezbass

No you're right, cr@p typing I'm afraid, try '05 (well the 9 is next to the 0).

Loving those maple necked 'bursts oldrocker and JimB52 (I agree about the vol control BTW), I would have really liked a maple neck, but mine was the only RBIV that I'd seen in the UK at that time. I found it at the Music Live Show at the Birmingham NEC and haggled all day long until we got down to a really good price I could live with.

BuffaloBob4343 be sure to post some photos when yout V arrives.

15. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Somebody installed an aggie OBP-3 in mine before I bought it at a local guitar show. They got it in there without cutting the wood, whew. I have the pickguard properly screwed down now :D

This one smokes!

[​IMG]

DougParkinson likes this.
  16. AndyMan

AndyMan

Any news on the new RB5 Fender is supposed to release?

17. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

Was the RB IV really introduced in 2003?

18. Darkstrike

Supposedly this coming year, with a Hipshot special design bridge, which will also be added to the IV.

19. GobBass

GobBass

Will there be a MIM version for the more economically minded?

20. PSPookie

PSPookie

I spotted a used RBV in the Marietta GC last night. I'm sure they're asking for more than it's worth but you don't see these often so I thought I would give TB the heads-up.

21. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

If you know, what is the supposed benefit of the new bridge over the original one? Do you think it will drop in in place of the old one if you want to add it to an older model?