1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Roscoe Century Custom 5 / Quilted Bosse / Ash / Wenge / JJ Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lsu921, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

New thread; new price. No longer considering any trades, at all.

The guys at Roscoe are really killing it these days, and the JJ pickups and oil finish absolutely put this thing over the top. The Bosse top is stunning and the tone is fantastic. You definitely hear the JJ’s impart the characteristics of single coils; it’s more open than the standard Roscoe electronics. The B string is devastating as you would expect.

Quick Specs:
    Ash Body
    Wenge Tone Plate
    Bosse Top – Similar to Mahogany tonally
    Standard Maple/Purpleheart/Maple Neck
    Wenge Fingerboard
    Bart JJ pickups and Bart Preamp with push/pull Midrange selector
    18.3mm spacing, 35” scale
    Roscoe Hard Case

$2,350 shipped in the Continental US, no fee transaction ONLY. Price if FIRM. Bass was purchased from Rocket Music in April for a tad under $4,000. I can’t find a mark on it other than some slight pickup cover wear. I just put a fresh set of Black Beauties on it, so she’s ready to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. JOME77

JOME77

This picture just screams "class"! I love the dark & light shim under that crazy top! It looks better than binding IMO. And or course that oil finish ......... yum, yum!

I was hoping to see that you played it one too many times at church (this morning) and you were keeping it! :)

Bump for an awesome seller!
  3. lotusland9663

lotusland9663 Supporting Member

4. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Funny you mention that Joe. I had three people on the Praise team tell me this morning how great it sounds, and as I was playing it I was thinking to myself I should just keep it. Me selling it has never been about the tone or playability - this thing is off the charts nice in both of those respects. I don't particularly care for the look of the Century body style, but I probably should just get over it. Who knows, maybe one day someone will offer me a killer LG3006 with a fresh headstock refinish as trade bait. :p

I have a few PM's to respond to, and if none of those guys bite I may just keep it.
  5. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Bump for an outstanding bass and seller.
  6. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The wisest 4 words you may have ever spoken....

;)
  7. JoePlaysDaBass

JoePlaysDaBass Gold Supporting Member

1, 2, 3, 4... How many words? :p
  8. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    That top is amazingly gorgeous. Wish I had the space and money. Best of luck with the sale.
  9. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Music is my religion Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer for Darkglass Electronics
    Bump for a great looking Roscoe, wish I played fivers.
  10. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Of course this pops to the top after a night of struggling on my 6...
  11. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

Don't drink the Kool Ade, not everyone is built to play a 6er. If you don't grab this and it sells you will be kicking yourself in the butt.

[​IMG]
  12. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

My recent pick up of a Roscoe Century Sig V reminded me how nice these basses play, feel. This is a smokin deal for killin bass! Very curious on how it would sound with those pups......
    Bump!
  13. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

I'm guessing a lot like my 6 string Century with ash/Wenge JJ and Bart's which is killer.
  14. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

I don't know if I'd say Kool Aid but the people who play a six are certain that with time anyone can play on if they really want to.

And I have thought of kicking myself....:)
  15. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

16. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

That is a KILLER looking bass! I'm sure it has a sound to match as well. Good luck with the sale!

I don't think a 6 takes that long to get used to. I didn't have a problem with the few I have owned. In fact, I really do think the benefits are huge once you get used to it.
  17. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

Actually an SKB3006 was my first Roscoe. I bought off of ebay for about $1600 about 6-7 years ago. I jumped straight from a 4 to a 6. It took me a few months to get used to string spacing and having two extra strings where I could close my eyes and move around the neck. It had a mahogany body, flamed maple top, ebony fingerboard, Roscoe/Bart pick ups and a Bart Preamp(until I put in a Demeter). It was an 11 pound tone monster. I had issues with a broken wrist so I had to drop down to a 5 string. I think if the upper horn would have been longer and the bass balanced better for me I probably could have made it work.

For me now, I am in love with the Century V basses. They way they hang, the feel of the neck. I am seriously thinking about seeing if Roscoe can build me a 35" scale with 21 frets like a 5 string Lakland.

Back to the post, I am really surprised this bass is still here. I guess people are using their money for summer vacations.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Or they just bought a new Century Standard Plus 6 JJ and aren't sure if they could sell it. :bag::D:help::ninja:
  19. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

PM sent...
  20. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Sold to Steve. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.