Roscoe Century Standard 4... Extreme FT Feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowendmafia, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

I bought this bass from TBer Tommy Gilstrap about a week ago. I really wanted to try a Roscoe because of their reputation on TB. However... and this always happens to me, I get lured in by fancy, small bodied basses and then realize they are not really my thing. I just can't seem to get used to the hand position based where I wear the bass, my elbow and forearms cramp up for some reason. That said, there are many things that I really enjoy about this bass: great modern tone, exceptional neck and very light weight. I may decide that I love it in a few weeks, but as for now I would like to test the trade waters here on TB.

First the bass: (pics from Tommy)
    new roscoe 4 001.jpg new roscoe 4 002.jpg

Because I do not know everything there is to know about this bass, this is what Tommy said in his FS thread:
    "Custom built for TBer Lightgroove several years ago, I have had it for about 2. Weighs 8 lbs. but feels lighter, stunning flame koa top, ash body, oil finish, pau ferro fingerboard, Bartolini 3 band pre and slanted Bart pups, Hipshot bridge and tuners, I added the koa knobs."

Here is the link to the Thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/f-s-roscoe-century-standard-plus-4-a-950902/

The bass has a very nice Roscoe Gig Bag.

What I am looking for:

Really, what I would like to trade for is a high-end Jazz-style 4 string bass (I can add cash for the right piece). However, I might consider more modern 4 string basses if they have larger bodies. I would love something with a PJ setup. 3 band pre preferred, but the right bass with a 2-band might do it.

What I am NOT looking for:

5 or 6 string basses of any kind. I do not gig or play out right now and I have no need for a low B or high C at this stage of my playing.

Fender Standard basses
    Passive Basses

Like I said, I can add cash to the right deal, but I would prefer not to deal with cash coming to me. For this reason, at this point this bass is FOR TRADE ONLY.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about anything and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks
  2. LightGroove

LightGroove

WOW...my old bass.. I wondered where she was. I made the jump to 5 bangers otherwise I would have kept her.

A little backstory... this was originally a 1 off / concept / prototype by Roscoe that grew into a full idea....Gard can correct me but this is THE 1st Century Standard Plus ( I helped with the naming :bassist: ) Koa over Ash ... Pau Ferro ... Bartolini CB and 3 band preamp... Very light bass and plays like butter . Its the only Century Std Ive seen with slanted pickups...so most def. unique if thats your thing

Here's a youtube video of me playing it...the audio is recorded via the videocam so not the best but you can still hear how she sounds and cuts through

3. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Music is my religion Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer for Darkglass Electronics
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings

Just for accuracy's sake, the Century is the same size as a Jazz bass. Good luck with the sale!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SteveC

SteveC

Yet it fits in my gig bag much nicer than my jazz...even with the strap on.
  7. SteveC

SteveC

Wish I needed a 4 string bump...
  8. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

After some advice from another TBer I made some adjustments to the Roscoe this weekend and I am much happier with it than I was a few days ago. I am thinking I am going to keep her for a while...

Thanks for the offers, and for the advice. :bassist:
  9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    Jon Packard likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.