1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Roscoe LG2005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brakbrak, Jan 13, 2014.

1. brakbrak

brakbrak

Hey guys, what do you think of Roscoe LG2005, I can't seem to find good information of this bass anywhere.
    Thanks guys
  2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Great basses but I personally like the SKB and Century line better.

I am a small guy, but I find the LG line to be a bit small for me.

Really just ergonomics and personal preference though as they look/sound killer.

Dave at Clubbass sells Roscoes and gets LGs in from time to time. I would try to play one before buying one in any case.
  3. brakbrak

brakbrak

Thanks for your reply,
    I like trying new basses, I currently have a Lakland 55-02 and someone offers me to trade my lakland for his Roscoe LG2005, just wondering if that's a good deal.
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Yup. The Roscoe will generally be worth approx 2x what your Lakland is.
  5. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The 200x line of basses was the early version of what we now call a Standard or Standard Plus (if it has a top). Excellent basses, great value, and as long as they weren't abused, they should be great playing and sounding. If I remember correctly they were only produced in the early to mid 90's.
  6. JohnnyR

JohnnyR Don't Believe Everything You Think Supporting Member

I had an early/mid 90's LG2005 up until a couple months age. It played wonderfully and sounded great. Low action and no buzz.

Look it over. If it's been given the care it deserves I wouldn't be afraid of it at all.