1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Roscoe SKB3005 Myrtle/Sp. Cedar/Ebony NEW PRICE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jeff Moote, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

I closed the other thread because I could no longer edit the post. Same thing as before, but with an all in shipped price to see if that helps with some interest.

Roscoe SKB 3005
    Maple neck w/wenge centre ($150 option)
    Spanish cedar body
    Myrtle burl top
    Macassar ebony fretboard (beautiful - now a $1000 upgrade)
    Diamondwood nut
    Roscoe/Bartolini pickups
    Bartolini NTMB preamp with 3-way mid switch
    Ebony knobs (standard black dome knobs available)
    Roscoe single or double gigbag

It's in excellent condition but there are minor dings/indentations: namely one near the lower strap button and a tiny mark on the back of the neck. I just want to be clear and up front with these.

List price today would be $5625 with a street price of around $4500. I'm asking [del]$2550[/del] $2400 shipped in Canada and the US, paypal ok.

The only trades I would consider are Roscoe Century, Lull M5V or Rob Allen 5 strings (Deep 5 would be awesome but an MB-2 Koa would work too).

Photos (click for larger):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slight flame in the neck wood:
    [​IMG]

Trying to capture some of the different brown tones in the fingerboard:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. speak2planets

speak2planets Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Okay, here come the basic questions. What's the nut width, string spacing, and weight? What does the necks feel remind you of (p bass, jazz, etc)? She shore is purty!!
  3. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

Nut width = 1.75"
    String spacing = 18.3 mm at the bridge
    Weight is about 9.5 lbs

The neck is hard to compare to a P or J or whatever because it's a 5 string... but it's definitely the best neck I've ever played to my liking, even among other Roscoes (they're all basically the same unless ordered special, but this one just feels better). It's very easy to play and not chunky at all.
  4. AllFourths

AllFourths

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Any more photos?
  5. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

What would you like to see? I am not the best photographer but happy to take some of whatever you'd like to see.

Here are a couple from a Toronto GTG when it had Nordstrand pickups still:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. AllFourths

AllFourths

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Those are great! Thanks! I actually just wanted to see a shot of the full instrument, preferably on a person. You hit the nail on the head while blindfolded.

Input on the pickup swap sound difference? I'm assuming it started off with the Roscoe Barts, then you swapped em out and then swapped back? Motivations?
  7. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

Actually it started out as with Nordstrands and an Audere 4-band preamp, as part of the custom order. The Roscoe Barts and Bart preamp were retrofitted to bring it closer to the signature Roscoe sound and I would say it was very successful.

I wouldn't say the original electronics were bad (the Nordstrand DCs sound great and the Audere is nice if super transparent with lots of EQ is what you're after in a preamp). For me however the Roscoe/Bart electronics capture more of what the Roscoe sound is about. Fat but still really articulate.
  8. AllFourths

AllFourths

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Cool! Very interesting. Did you ever try the Nordstrands with the Bartolini? Do you still have either the Nords or the Audere sitting around?
  9. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

No to both. Pretty much all combinations have been tried at some point or another if you dig around the Roscoe forum though.
  10. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Beautiful bass man! Jeff is a top notch guy to deal with too. Someone is going to be seriously happy with this(and if I can somehow manage to scrape the dough together before this sells I hope its me ;) ).
  11. curiousbass

curiousbass

0   0   0

Hello, greetings from Tdot. Would you consider a trade plus cash on my side? I have a yamaha jp signature and im willing to add cash to make it a fair deal.
    Let me know, thanks.
  12. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

Thanks for the interest guys. Still here.
  13. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Bumping this one. I have a nearly identical Roscoe SKB with the same Macassar Ebony finger board. Pictures do not do this wood justice. It is the most beautiful looking, playing and sounding board around.

My bass also has the Nord DC's in it as well. In my opinion the Nords are little more mid forward than the Barts. The Barts have better "air" to them though. They are about equal in the growl department. :bassist:
  14. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

+1
  15. PeterF

PeterF

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

This is gorgeous. I have a mahogany body SKB, had a 3006. These are tone Monsters. The B is awesome.:hyper:
  16. JOME77

JOME77

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0

I left with the same opinion on a couple of custom order Roscoe's I had made with the Nord/Audere combo. I much prefer the Roscoe Bart P/U's with the Bart 3-band. Definitely the Roscoe signature sound. That's what both of my current Roscoe's have loaded in them.

This one is still one of my favorite looking Rosoce's. I love that Myrtle burl top coupled with the Mac Ebony finger board. Crazy figuring going on with that top.

This one will make someone very happy!
  17. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

Thanks Joe, I agree completely.
  18. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

trade offer

Attached Files:

19. Robin Ruscio

Robin Ruscio Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Pretty bass, Jeff. I bet those pickups are slamming. ;)

GLWS
  20. Jeff Moote

Rating - 100%
    136   0   0

Thanks, you know they are!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.