1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Ross Phaser/Distortion 1983-1984 MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jazzyitalian, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lawyer & Hobbist Bass Maker
    Hello-
    I am selling one of my several Ross pedals from my collection of Ross pedals. I already own these but was turned to getting some in Mint condition. So this one has been sitting in the box and I need to buy some other bass parts. So here it is:

This is a Ross pedal made in ROC. It is not made in Kansas. This is was the off shore build made to the same spec as the earlier US versions. Essentially the same. Except the price.

Asking $129 which includes shipping and Insurance (CONUS)

Now to underscore this bargain, there is an ebay seller right now selling the individual Ross Distortion and Phaser as a package for a starting bid of $199 and a buy it now of $249.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Vintage...698&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=180996686983&

Here's the one I am selling...
    Photo: (Decal pictured is long gone)
    [​IMG]

Here is my review in 2008:
    1. Phaser/Distortion: Nice blend when playing together. No hiss. The Phaser sounds like the MXR 100's, except that the rate can modulate slightly faster than the MXR and the recycle is not a 4-way selector. It's graduating which can give you a more precise setting. However not to confuse things further, the 4-setting knob on the MXR100 represents four combinations of a Recycle/Depth settings. That's two settings with two levels each namely Low and High. Thus with the MXR you have Low/Low, High/Low, Low/High and High/High. So in this respect, the MXR is still different enough to stand on it's own.

As far as the distortion is concerned, I have only two words to say about it: "BIG MUFF". That's all it is. Well... at best it's a decent runner up to the Big Muff. No high clean buzzing like the MXR's in the same time period. But to most bass players the muffled distortion seems to be generally preferred over the higher end Eddie Van Halen buzz. I was able to perform a side-by-side with my freind who happens to own the US Made version. He too was curious about the ROC's. In terms of overall quality the ROC made Ross is every bit the equal to the USA. I did notice a bit of a difference in the rate spectrum. The ROC had a slightly faster wave, than the USA version which of course had a slower return on the bottom. Neither is of any consequence to me personally. It may be a trim pot setting or something along those lines that can adjust the rate. The distortions were virtually identical.
  2. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
  3. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
  4. Numskull

Numskull Supporting Member

I had one of these years ago. Loved it. I would buy this in a heartbeat, but I have a muff clone now. That is an accurate description. Great pedal.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
    THX..to the top
  7. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
  8. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:
    All PM's answered. No trades unless you have an MXR 117 FLANGER.
  9. jazzyitalian

Disclosures:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.