1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rotosound 40/60/75/95 users question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by darkstorm, Dec 23, 2012.

1. darkstorm

darkstorm

Hows the E string? Does it blend well with the other strings in this set? Cant rememeber if I was happier with 95 or 100 for lighter gauge set when I used to use rotos lighter then 45-105. Been thinking about doing a set of lights and local store has them for $5 less then the 45-105 packs. Lol. Ty.
  2. Wwolof

Wwolof

They're good. The set is well balanced.
  3. Ezmar

Ezmar

It's what I've always used. I've been using different stuff recently, mostly out of necessity, what I had on hand, experimentation, etc. But I can't wait to put my 40 - 95s back on.

The E has always been fine for me, and I felt like the 40/60/80/100 set had too much difference between the D-G and E-A strings. The lower strings had a different sound than the Upper ones. Might have just been my imagination, though.
  4. darkstorm

darkstorm

K thanks. I'll give em a try for lighter gauge.
  5. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

I used Roto 40-60-80-100's for about 2 years but some of my basses did not like the tension so I swapped to a low-buck brand that is the gauge set you asked about. The E is balanced and very nice(read easy to play, bend, and vibrato).