Rotosound Customer Service :)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Mar 29, 2014.

1. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Hey Guys,
    The other day I noticed the E string on my new set of Rotosound Swing Bass 66's sounded really odd. It almost had a BWOW kind of sound to it when played open and even worse when fretted. A quick email to Rotosound and 2 days later a new E string with some Roto stickers arrived in the mail. I installed the new string. Perfect! Great customer service!
    Thought I would share,
    Brent
  2. mapleglo

mapleglo Supporting Member

I've been using Rotosound strings since the 70's. I think they sound great, and last. I've had no reason to try any other brand. It's good to know their customer service is top notch. Though in all those years, I've never had to take advantage of it.
  3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Me too. Using Swing Bass 66's since 1976. Only once did I have to take them up on it. Jason had me a new set here in days. To this day, every now and then we'll swap emails. Great guy.
  4. Precision101

Precision101

I've used a lot of brands. Rotosounds just give the bass character. I've been using them (funk masters) for a while and I love them no doubt. I'm not surprised their customer service is great because their production and craft is amazing as well.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aborg1

aborg1

I purchased a set of Rotosound RS665LB new online from basstringsonline.com , setup them up on my Marcus Miller V and the D & G where lifeless. I use the funkmaster 66's on my 4 string jazz basses, they last long and are killer funky strings. I wanted to try the Rotosound brand on my other Fender V string basses as well because of how well they have worked for me. I called Rotosound tech support and attempted tell them when I purchased them, the young lady cut me off quickly, apologized vehemently, asked me what strings I wanted, took my address and I got the new strings in 2 business days with extra goodies. Now that's " Customer Support Satisfaction " hands down.

:D
    :hyper:
  7. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

I used to use Funkmasters back in the 80's, (Huge Geddy Lee/Rush Fan!) I 'll have to pick up a set and try them out again. I play pretty lightly and sometimes miss those thin strings. I think they had an exposed core in the 80's? I remember there was the 303 and 606 packaging but at $40 a set back then I didn't experiment much!
    Take Care,
    Brent
  8. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    They were called Superwound -- I loved those strings and used them on my old zingy Aria SB700 but thought they were no longer available and had long given up looking for them.
    Turns out they do still make them. They're called PSD now though.

I really wanted to try them on my Rick, but the exposed part isn't long enough to go over the Rick saddles. Might try them on my PBass...

[​IMG]