1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rotosound Heavy Gauge vs. Rotosound Standard Gauge

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by devinp17, Jan 23, 2014.

1. devinp17

devinp17 Guest

Hey everyone. I'm looking into buying some Rotosound strings for my 4 string. I'm a finger-style player and I play pretty hard. Anyway, I currently have Standard (Medium) Gauge stings on my bass; but they seem to be a little flimsy for my liking (right hand). So I want to buy some Rotosound 66 Swing Bass Strings but I don't know which ones to get...

RS66LE Heavy Long Scale Bass Strings VS. RS66LD Standard Long Scale Bass Strings

I've heard that the heavy's are great for finger-style players...
    Thanks!
  2. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

You forgot RS66LF which has an .085 A string that is heavier than the .080 A string in the RS66LD set. But either way if your right hand attack is heavy, then I'd say go for the heavy strings.
  3. devinp17

devinp17 Guest

Thanks. I was looking at the RS66LF, but Musicians Friend doesn't carry them. Anyway, I know that people who play with a pick usually buy the standards.

EDIT: Nevermind haha... They do carry them but they aren't 66 Swing Bass. I think I'll go with the heavys. Thanks!