1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rounds and EQ

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by deepbluesuk, Feb 12, 2014.

1. deepbluesuk

deepbluesuk

After many years with flats and due to being in a new band, I've just put rounds (D'Addario XL's) on one of my Precisions to suit the music we are doing; Mod / Jam sort of stuff.

Not really getting the punch that I'd like although the tone is what I was looking for. Is this more of an EQ thing? I always pumped the low mids with the flats. Also I was thinking that Roto 66's may be more the way to go with this?
  2. Jungy

Jungy

Maybe try turn up a bit louder and then lighten your touch and play kind of close to the neck. That'll give it a bit of a fuller sound.
  3. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Push around 220-250hz. Boosting low mids will bring some more punch to your sound.