Running 2 aggie gs112s with a streamliner 600

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, Dec 14, 2013.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

First off, I love my sound. I have a sterling Ray34ca with 2 aggie gs112s, top one with slight tweeter, powered by the genz benz streamliner 600. I play rock music (similar to foo fighters) but with plenty of sabbath influence, with just a tad bit of slap riffs. I also play worship in a motowny sound.

What I like is the portability, the ability to bring just one cab, if I want.

The problem is that I don't feel like I have enough power.. especially for this spring, when we'll start playing outdoor shows.

I've read some nice threads on here about 2ohm amps, which is really intriguing... I could just add another GS122nt to the bottom and have a 3 stack of amazing aggie 112s able to handle what.. 900watts?

So what advice do you have on the following:

If I go that direction, I narrowed my choice of heads down to either the Genz Benz GBE1200 (or the GBE750, if that would be enough power/a good match up considering the price difference is pretty significant) or the Aguilar DB751, which is the priciest option.

Or is there a better solution?

2. LowEndWooly

OR!

The Mesa Boogie Prodigy.. which I would love to have.. Can that run three aggies? Would the power/combination be good? The whole tube wattage gets confusing to me.

3. LowEndWooly

Should I just get a nice 1500w active sub to add to my 3000w PA system and run direct through that, not adding bulk to my rig?

4. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

Prodigy is 4ohm minimum.

Yes.

5. Register to disable this ad