RUSH Clockwork Angels

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 4001, Mar 7, 2012.

1. 4001

2. jmac

jmac

I was just coming to post this information. I'm glad the site has a search function. :smug:
  3. Disco Batman

Disco Batman

Can't wait. If the rest of the album is as good as Caravan and BU2B this album will be epic.
  4. bassinplace

bassinplace

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ChrisLCTR

ChrisLCTR

Awesome, I was wondering if this would ever come out!
  7. Count_Blah

Count_Blah

:hyper:NEW RUSH!! NEW RUSH!!:hyper:
  8. 4001

Word is that they re-recorded those two songs for the album due to some issues with the change from Atlantic to their new label. I like the original versions but the way they played them live had me thinking that they would re-record them. They took on a new life live and I think the band realised that right away.
    I can't wait for the new album!:hyper:
    Always a good day when a new Rush album is released. I've been a fan since late summer 1979 and this has been one crazy fantastic ride all of these years.
  9. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

I cant wait! I have a feeling this is going to be epic. I think Nick is really pushing them to embrace their past, when they seemed to have tried to run from it for a long time. I really love Caravan and the first time I heard it, I was like...whoa! Heavy!
  10. BassPlayer900

BassPlayer900

I can't wait! Caravan is one of their best songs I've ever heard
  11. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

12. kraigo

kraigo

I consider myself a fan but I haven't bought an album in decades. I suppose it's time to change that. Recommendations for albums from the early 80's and on?

KO
  13. Disco Batman

Disco Batman

No doubt. Even my girlfriend thinks its not only one of the best Rush songs but flat out one of the best songs ever.
  14. Disco Batman

Disco Batman

I love them all, and I don't think you can go wrong. Check out Snakes and Arrows. Can't go wrong with it.
  15. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

It depends on what "era of Rush" you like. I like them all but alot of people like one or another. Counterparts is a really good album from the 90s. Grace Under Pressure is a great 80's album as well. Snakes & Arrows is pretty good too.
  16. Snarf

Snarf

All of them. But I am particularly fond of Power Windows and Counterparts. I think they're the two best records from 82 to present.
  17. BowserBass

BowserBass

what do you guys think of Geddy's bass sound on the 2 new song's? I dont care for it as much as Snakes and Arrow's or better yet Vapor Trails.
  18. Disco Batman

Disco Batman

I like it. Has a more natural and organic tone to me. Really love the tone he had live on the last tour.
  19. hachi kid

hachi kid

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Spectrum

Spectrum

Man, May 29th? I don't know if I can wait that long. They've been teasing us for going on 2 years now!

I would recommend Snakes and Arrows Live, and then you'll probably appreciate Snakes and Arrows more. As with all Rush albums, they had to grow on me a little before I could really dig them. At first I didn't know if I really liked S&A, but I now think it's great. After seeing them play Workin' Them Angels live I can't believe the awesomeness of that song.

The only album I would stear you away from would be Hold Your Fire. For the best 80s sound I love Signals and Grace Under Pressure, and in the 90s I liked Counterparts and Test For Echo. For the 00s S&A is my favorite. Vapor Trails would be better if they would re-master it and do it right, it became a casualty of the "Loudness War".

All subjective, of course, some people love Hold Your Fire, but to me that was the least rocking of all Rush albums, dominated by synth pop sound. Since then they've been going more and more old school, to the point where the last album was pretty much all guitar, bass, and drums.
  21. Ray man

Ray man

I agree, i cant think of a bass tone that i dissliked more than rush 2001-2008. I never heard a bass sound so synthetic.