1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rush to add more North American and European tour dates

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Richland123

Richland123

January 22, 2013

Rush will continue their current Clockwork Angels Tour with new North American and European dates and will hit a few cities the trio missed during the first trek. The next leg is set to kick off April 23rd in Austin. Tickets for the new dates in select markets will go on sale January 28th.

Following those spring dates, Rush will head to Europe then return to North America for another leg starting in June that will find them hitting cities like Hershey, Pennsylvania; Chicago; Milwaukee; Boston; Vancouver; Salt Lake City; and Denver. The band will also return to Grand Rapids, Michigan; and Halifax, Nova Scotia, for the first time in decades. That tour will continue into August, with details regarding dates and venues coming soon.

Dates scheduled so far on this website.

http://www.rush.com/tour-dates/

Last year was a banner year for Rush: Along with the release of their 20th LP, a new concept record titled, Clockwork Angels, the beloved rockers were finally voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"We're kind of in a groove right now," frontman Geddy Lee told Rolling Stone of the band's recent good fortunes and recent touring. "We feel really good about the way we're playing. We feel like we've raised our game in terms of musicianship and our level of chops. We're also very excited about the way Clockwork Angels turned out. The fan acceptance of it has been very cool. We're happy to go out and bring it around the globe."

2. Trayster2

Trayster2 Supporting Member

I may finally be going to my first Rush concert!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

My first RUSH concert was this year.
    Very impressed with them and the stage production. Way cool!
    Got a kick watching Geddy's eyebrows go up when he hits the high notes.
    They have some very serious fans.

4. treekiller

treekiller

My very first concert was Rush in 1982! Rory Gallagher opened for them......:cool:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I saw them for the first time in the fall. I do need to get my mother something for christmas...

7. 2milehighspike

2milehighspike Supporting Member

YESSSSS RED ROCKS one more time!!!

8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    May 3, Raleigh, NC, section 119. My first Rush show, and my first big, huge show in general.

9. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

New dates added today.

10. superdick2112

superdick2112 Registered Spector Addict

Denver date is at the Pepsi Center - bummer! Their Red Rocks shows are the best!

11. cruzerjd

cruzerjd

Oh yeah! Vancouver Sleep Country Ampitheater July 28th, wife gave me $150 limit for ticket so should be able to get something good. Wish it was closer but also got a hotel allowance too. Just need to drive from Eugene to Portland and a bit farther. Never seen em and want to go!

12. TinyE

TinyE Supporting Member

I live in portland, bummed I just found out about this, would have bought the VIP. Have seen them twice since the 80s. Very fun.

13. fdorn

fdorn Supporting Member

Just bought my tickets for the July 4 Milwaukee, WI show.

14. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I saw the Time Machine tour in 2011, and it was amazing. Rush is my favorite band, but unfortunately I missed the CA tour. Grand Rapids is a little bit of a hike from here, but I'm happy there will be another chance to catch the tour. It's definitely worth the drive!