1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Russian Big Muff woes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 5656130, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 5656130

Okay guys, my guitarist has been letting me use his russian big muff for a while now and he wants it back this Saturday after our show. So of all days for something to go wrong it happens today!

The black cable that runs goes into the plastic covering on the 9v jack came lose from its connection. Is there any non-invasive way I can fix this, without replacing the whole connector?
  2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

The only way to fix it would be to replace the connector based on what it sounds like the problem is
  3. heavybrother

heavybrother

On my old green Muff, the same thing happened years ago, and its still that way. I stripped off about 3/4" of the insulation and place the wire over the post and plug the battery in. It works, but isn't the best solution. I have a replacement plug, just have to put it on. A quick splice is all that's needed. Radio Shack has them as would most electronic shops. This was a common problem, I've owned three and each one did it. Be honest and either fix it or offer to, he should know that stuff can happen. Good luck!
  4. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler Supporting Member

If you feel semi-comfortable enough with a soldering iron it's not too difficult to get a replacement and swap them out. Otherwise, you may have to break open that plastic covering and either splice it into its connection hole and pray it never comes loose or solder it into place. OR just replace the whole deal - it's two solder joints. Have any friends that solder? :)