1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

S/D-85: Tasty clippings from Corey's Box

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mbelue, Jan 27, 2014.

1. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

2. askrere

askrere

Empty beer is what got us here. But drink on.
  3. askrere

askrere

And dinner plans set with a girl from class I started talking to. She's 19 though so I can't take her to any bars, so nice restaurant it is. But dang this is one cute future accountant.
  4. chillerthanmost

chillerthanmost

Quoted for new thread.
  5. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Thanks that was my next task.
  6. chillerthanmost

chillerthanmost

Brothers don't shake hands....
    Brothers gotta HUG!...
  7. Ron Now

Ron Now Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals, Blackout Effectors
    Can't wait to hear the clips. Nick makes some awesome gear, and Corey makes awesome clips of that gear.
  8. askrere

askrere

Is the joyo, OCD and osd similar circuits?
  9. chillerthanmost

chillerthanmost

Yes.

This.
  10. Pelham Bleu

Pelham Bleu Supporting Member

11. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Ok, all the bass demo clips from the tourbox are online. Uploading the guitar ones now too.
  12. deathsdj

deathsdj Supporting Member

Just staking my presence in the new thread. I try to post at least once in each thread to keep my limited doom cred up.
  13. Ron Now

Ron Now Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals, Blackout Effectors
    Dude, clips sound great.

Gave them all a quick listen. Great work.

I can get some similar drive/fuzz tones from my mostly harmless that are similar to the DA120. Now I just really wish I was messing with that right now.
  14. mc_muench

mc_muench

Had another great FM practice. Wrote a new song with a very challenging bass line that needs some quick fingers and endurance. Hopefully we can keep this pace up and be show ready by the end of Feb. We've gotten a few show offers that we've had to turn down because we only have one complete song.

Now to open Corey's box...
  15. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Alright guys I need some advice. Way not doom, but y'all don't suck so here goes...
    Been at the new job for just over a month reading meters.
    I'm getting better at what I do but I'm having some bad experiences. Specifically with dogs.
    I don't know if I should stick it out or not.
    Its decent money (not exciting but is all extra towards buying land, the wife is bringing the bacon) and has good benefits. I've had dangerous jobs before; done electrical line work, climbed cell towers, worked at prisons and chemical plants, hell I was rebuilding a military airport on 9/11. I keep telling myself I'm not a puusy, but these dogs are driving me nuts. I got attacked 4 times today, twice was groups of 2 & 3 dogs.
    I don't have to go in any yards with dogs, but all 4 attacks today the dogs left their yards. I haven't been bitten, and so far I've scared all the groups off. I just don't know my luck will hold.
    The part that really bothers me is my opinion of dogs is suffering in general.
    I love animals and prior to this job never has a bad experience.
    I'm just not sure its worth it.
    Should I quit or man up and stop bitchin'?
  16. askrere

askrere

Dog attacks all day with limited means to defend myself is my personal nightmare. So I think that sums up my opinion.

You got a degree of any kind?

And note to self, need a bacon bringing wife...
  17. mc_muench

mc_muench

Carry some raw steaks around with you to create diversion. Or a bag of treats maybe?

I hear you have to bite the dogs ear to assert your dominance.

Yup, stay at home dad, teach the little DOOMsters how to riff.
  18. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Thanks Ron, I can't believe I turned around that many demos in that length of time. Still managed to sneak in some time with my wife and do some housework too, somehow. I barely had time to get a Modded HM2 preorder into Nick before the deadline, I was so busy uploading these lol.

I already own the Wizard and the Cthulhu, which are both killer. I preordered the Volt Thrower and the HM2 though, because they bring some awesome overdrive/distortion tones. The DA120 sounds pretty awesome on guitar. It's not the most bass friendly pedal of the bunch, kind of limited in voicing and flexibility for that, but every single pedal in the box had enough solid low end that it could handle bass with zero probablem and sound good.

The Volt Thrower is hands down the best bass friendly RAT tone I've played. That's something I've been hugely picky about too.

I made some playlists for you guys, for the sake of convenience.

Dunwich Tourbox - Bass Demos

Dunwich Tourbox - Guitar Demos
  19. askrere

askrere

Sounds like a good deal to me.
  20. mc_muench

mc_muench

We should find twins haha