1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

S/D Basstits part 42: Mostly harmless

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ron Now, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals, Blackout Effectors
  2. swspiers

swspiers Gold Supporting Member

Best. title. EVER
  3. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

4. mc_muench

mc_muench

In it to win it!
  5. swspiers

swspiers Gold Supporting Member

This thread sure makes it hard to take college course on line. I keep checking for updates in the middle of my lectures...
  6. Moloch666

Moloch666

From the last thread...
    I have a guitar in storage that has an old non-retracting seatbelt for a strap. Broke a strap at band practice in the shed and improvised! Fairly comfortable and has a lot of length for adjusting. :D
  7. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Dave has done a couple builds for me now, and he is excellent to work with. If you are ever going through GR let me know, you can come play through my 1515/66/1.
  8. Niff

Niff

any of you fellas polish your instruments? not a euphemism

figure my rickenbacker could use a shine/fretboard polish. http://lizardspit.com/ looks good. what do you guys use, if anything?
  9. JoeVictim

JoeVictim

windex or the organic quivalent.
  10. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Been over this a couple of times. Here's my SOP.

Isopropyl alcohol and either a cloth rag or very fine automotive grit sandpaper to clean up the frets and fretboard.

Zymol cleaner wax to clean up the body, hardware, neck and fretboard since it is a finished board.

De-Oxit on all the electronics and output jacks.
  11. twhitedc

twhitedc

Ohio people, Pretty slick 810 on the bay, extra stoner points for previously being toured with by the Doobie Brothers
  12. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Every once in a while, usually when I change strings, I polish the frets with fine steel wool and wipe the whole instrument down with a micro fiber cloth and some warm water. No oils, no chemicals or anything like that. That's usually when I tighten up the screws and check the setup as well. My Precision is overdue, but for some reason I don't sweat on it as much as my other instruments. I cleaned up my Les Paul recently and it looked like I was using it as boat anchor beforehand.
  13. Mattosaur

Mattosaur

That's a nice looking 810. I'm a sucker for natural wood. Cincinnati is a bit too far of a drive though. Cleveland? I'd be all over that.
  14. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Ugh. So many cool things in the works. Can't give specifics, but we may or may not be playing with a band at the end of 2013 that starts with a Y and ends with a B and is three letters...
  15. Ron Now

Ron Now Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals, Blackout Effectors
    Best dudes. We got screwed out of playing with them last time they came through Chicago.
  16. Niff

Niff

gig after gig after gig. this year is shaping up to be ****in' awesome.
  17. mc_muench

mc_muench

I have a feeling that this year will be big for all of us!
  18. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

If we can find a drummer we MIGHT do something this year.
  19. J03YW

J03YW

NEW QUESTION TIEM: I just got an EHX Superego. It's cool, but I don't know what the hell to do with it. I also have a Bass Big Muff. I'm considering returning both and getting a swanky ass fuzz to replace them. I'm happy with my current sound, but A new fuzz would make me happier and I just don't know how often I'd use the Superego. Any boutique/ generally awesome replacement ideas?
  20. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND