1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SA original wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by meanwun, Oct 28, 2013.

1. meanwun

meanwun

Hey guys I have a few questions about my GAS problem.

I'm thinking about getting the og wah to use as an intro to the HH ring. I found a post on here where the og wah can be used as a through, maybe the wrong word, to use the HH on other pedals.

I don't think there is much of a resell market for the wah. Since I can't find any real good reviews of it I was hoping someone here could speak up for it.

Maybe I should hold out for a used HH3, but I feel like at least this way I get to try it and get a wah pedal.

So TB please think for me and solve all of my problems. ;)

2. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    At $69 you get a wired hot hand wah with an expression out port that you can use with other effects. Hard to go wrong with all of that.

However:
    1) it is wired, not wireless
    2) it works with most "expression in" devices....but not so effectively as the HH3.
    3) the wah tones are tweaked for guitar, not bass. There is no clean blend.
    4) it is big and heavy

3. meanwun

meanwun

You forgot to list a pro as the president of the company replies on these forums.

Does the HH3 base have an in for the wired ring? I like the wired as a back up.

The "most" pedals and not as effectively may make me save for a HH3, especially if I can't use a wired ring with the HH3 base.

Thanks for the response and I do appreciate it.

4. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    Good point on the wired back up. It does NOT work with the HH3 base station. It would only work with the HH Wah.

The HH3 was designed to work with other things really well, so there are switches on the bottom to help things work up with non-standard expression situations. We have had good luck using the HH Wah with most things, but it has not been as deeply tested with 3rd party units as the HH3.

I respond to TB questions, because this is a friendly place. No one calls me bad names here!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. meanwun

meanwun

After the phaser shootout anyone who calls you names is an idiot. You make awesome stuff.

In my case the wah sounds essential for my needs and later a HH3 if I decide I like it. If not I still have a wah pedal.

I like companies that make it so you can't lose.