Sabine Tuners - ???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PaulMacCnj, Jan 1, 2013.

1. PaulMacCnj

PaulMacCnj

I'm looking for a used rackmount tuner. There are many Sabine models for sale at very cheap prices. Are they any good? Seeing so many for sale at those low prices makes me think that many people just want to unload them.

2. PaulMacCnj

PaulMacCnj

No replys about the Sabine tuners...

Well then, what about rackmount tuners in general? Have they somehow fallen out of favor? In searching for new ones, the pickings are very slim. The once easy to find Korg models are out of production, so are other brands. All I could find new are Behringer or Peterson. :confused:

3. Bob C

Bob C

I have a small non-rack Sabine SX1000 and love its accuracy and ease of use.

I've never used one of their rack models. They've added features over the years. The earliest ones have a separate wall wart type power supply, which may be a bit of a turn off. But maybe it's not a deal breaker for you.

4. TC424

TC424

I have an RT1601. I don't use it anymore because I have gone to using a pedal board. I feel that it was accurate and easy to use. It just doesn't fit on my pedal board.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steve Clayton Accessories
    I love my little hand-held Sabine, first one lasted about 25 years and I've got probably close to 10 years on my second one. My rackmount Behringer tuner can't find the B string on my 5ers and half the time it can't find the E string. But rackwise, I mainly use the tuner in my Bass Pod Pro, which tracks great.

7. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I bought my small hand held Sabine tuner in the mid 80's
    One LED has gone out but the unit functions perfectly and tracks very well with bass.