1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sadowsky DI preamp pedal with Fender Precision ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by M4verick, Feb 16, 2014.

1. M4verick

M4verick

I'm seriously GASing for the Sadowsky Preamp, but all the great reviews I find on Yt or here are concerning using it on Fender Jazz.

Can anyone write a few words about it when used with Precision ?

I consider getting the preamp instead of the sansamp, as I don't care for the amp modeling - all I want is more modern "acive" sound with some basic coloration options and ID box.
  2. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

I've used it on many different basses over the years and it basically works on anything!

It is a great DI, but it just adds this "something" that's hard to quantify...it's just this slightly modern sheen that isn't just treble, but a solidness that hints at refinement.

Vague enough for you???

Great pedal but I recently sold mine in a fit of GAS and ended up with a Tone Hammer which I absolutely love.
  3. M4verick

M4verick

Thanks for the reply.

How would you compare the TH to Sadowsky ? I was thinking about Aguilar as well.
  4. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

The TH is not as modern sounding, more girthy....and I wanted the Mid control for more options.
  5. Ramanujan

Ramanujan

Maybe one comment about the Sadowsky Pre vs Sansamp/VT Bass: I use both of them together (always on for me) The Sadowsky is the first pedal in my chain, the VT bass is last after all other effects (i especially love it together with other dirt effects)

So i wouldn't want to decide between one or the other :smug: