1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sadowsky pre-amp problem.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by benthughes, Jan 30, 2014.

1. benthughes

benthughes Supporting Member

I put a Sadowsky pre-amp with VTC in my USA Deluxe Fender preamp. Vol/Pan/BT/VTC with push/pull passive problem. I installed the prewired preamp so any issue with wiring would be my fault, not Sadowskys;

It worked perfectly for about a year. It isn't my main gigging bass so it hasn't been abused or knocked around. I noticed a a lot of static and loss of the bass/treble control. Pan works normally, the noise drops out completely when switched into passive mode and the VTC works as it should.

I opened it up and don't see and loose connections. The battery is fine. I'll open it up and peruse the guts when it's due for a string change but was hoping for some thoughts.
  2. P_bass

P_bass Supporting Member

Sounds like a battery to me but you already covered that. Give Roger a call or an email, no doubt he will set it straight.

Good luck!

Gary
  3. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

If not the battery, I would suspect a bad ground