Sadowsky Strings VS 6 String Bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by emohair, Dec 10, 2013.

1. emohair

emohair

So I'm a HUGE fan of the Sadowsky Blue Label SS strings but for some reason I cant figure out what to do with this situation I'm in.

I've got a 6 string and obviously Sadowsky doesn't carry 6 string sets because they dont make 6 string basses. I'm sure I could buy the 5 string pack and just, pick up a new high C string but that's where the decision making process gets weird for me.

What would you do? Anyone know of brands that sound similar and wear about the same as the Sadowsky strings? AM I OVERTHINKING THIS? (I probably know the answer to that last one :bag:)
  2. emohair

emohair

3. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

Contact Jason at bassstringsonline.com, or PM him here at TB (SLaPiNFuNK).

He seems to have the answers to all things string related. I have followed his recommendatios many times and have never been disppointed. His customer service is also second to none.
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

This.

But you may need to look outside of Sadowsky for strings. It would drive me absolutely nuts to have 5 strings with blue silks and then one string with a different or no silk. That's just me though :)

I'd personally give a strong look at Fodera strings which I like much better than Sadowsky strings (and Fodera actually makes their own). Jason at Bass Strings Online has the full line, including singles and custom sets. And of course..Fodera loves some 6 stringers :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. emohair

emohair

That is what's up, thanks for the leads guys!!!
  7. emohair

emohair

I just ordered a Fodera set for the 6 string (you got me thinkin about those blue silk on the Sadowsky strings mmbongo!) and a Sadowsky set for my 5 string from bassstringsonline.com - I just realized I've ordered strings from here before, damn this thread has a happy ending!!
  8. emohair

emohair

Got the strings, very happy with the Fodera's on my 6, got a new fav! These came super quick too.
  9. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Awesome, Fodera strings are nice!