1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Said goodbye to my beloved cat today - VERY SAD UPDATE

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassybill, Oct 14, 2013.

1. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

I just had to do the right thing for my beautiful little girl - Bryony, put to sleep peacefully today after a short illness. I'm in bits.

[​IMG]

I know these threads aren't unusual on here, but to me, the memories of her are worth another one.

Just me and her twin sister in the house tonight.
  2. surgay

surgay

Sorry for your loss. I totally understand losing a pet. I'll bet she had a good life with you.
  3. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot. Supporting Member

The price we pay for unconditional love, is that we inevitably are forced to say goodbye to our pets. It's the poignant truth of every pet we ever have.

She looks like she was a beautiful cat, and I'm sure she was a great friend. Sounds like you did the best thing for her to end her suffering.

Condolences from a multiple pet owner.
  4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Sorry for your loss...
  5. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

Sorry man. Give the other one an extra hug tonight.
  6. geeza

geeza

Disclosures:
    Huh?
    I am so sorry.
  7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Very sorry. I had to put my old buddy of 19 years (Twix) down a while back, and it still affects me. Very difficult. Hang in there.
  8. skychief

skychief Gold Supporting Member

You did the right thing, Bill.

I had to put down the family cat last month. There comes a point in time in a pets life where it becomes apparent that the downward spiral leads to pain and suffering for the pet.

The humane thing is to gently say goodnight.

Im hoping someday us humans will be allowed to humanely say goodnight to humans.
  9. Cmymud

Cmymud

Sorry for your loss.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Chin up buddy. Have some Maynards wine gums as a snack. :D

-Mike
  11. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

I feel your pain. My beloved Buddy of 11 & 1/2 years died on Friday morning. The house feels so empty it's killing me. I'm sorry for your loss.
  12. Solarmist

Solarmist 15 miles from Mt Rainier Supporting Member

I'm sorry - losing a pet is really sad. I lost my 7 year old Rott to an anti-immune disease a while back, and several pet rabbits died as well.
  13. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

Bummer. Hopefully the old gold and blacks will soon put a smile back on your face.

Losing pets is tough.
  14. Gazman

Gazman Supporting Member

I think it's marvelous that people can pay tribute to their furry friends. They enrich our lives so much and demand very little in return.

Sorry for your loss Bill.
  15. electracoyote

electracoyote

My heart goes out to you Bill. For the first time in my 54 years I finally bonded with a cat. I'm now a cat guy. It would be a heartbreaker to say goodbye.

Fortunately, there are many other unwanted kittehs waiting in the wings, when your grief subsides and the time is right.
  16. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Thanks for the messages, guys.

I've posted similar things in threads like this before, offering condolences to people I don't know anything about, other than the fact they're fellow musicians. On some occasions I have wondered whether messages like that really mean anything - now I know they do.
  17. gregmon79

gregmon79 We've come to kill gods...... Supporting Member

I'm very sorry for your loss bassybill. I saw the pic and got teary. I have a wonderful little buddy named Roscoe right now, he's so awesome! I know how it feels to lose one though. My first little buddy Flea was with me through a lot of hard times and when he went I was a complete wreck so I know exactly how you feel. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a pet. Their more like your kid after a while. At least you have some really good memories I'm sure.
  18. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

So so sorry for your loss, Bill :crying: I feel for you.

You did what you had to do to keep Bryony's quality of life without having her endure too much suffering. It's never easy on the surviving loved ones to have to make a decision like that, even though at a certain point it's the most humane thing to do.

Louis
  19. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

so sorry for your loss ...
  20. ccbass71

ccbass71 Supporting Member

Sorry for your loss!! That is a good looking cat! I miss mine.