1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Salvatore Cadoni?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Octavian, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Octavian

Octavian Supporting Member

There's a student model upright for sale locally that I MAY consider for my first upright to get me started. The guy sent me a photo of the sticker on the inside. It says it's a "Salvatore Cadoni, Model VB80"

I searched TB and Google but nothing of any substance came up. Anyone hear of these?

Asking price is $800.
  2. bradlnich

bradlnich

Eastman makes a bass called the VB80 (see here). I think I've seen an Eastman bass in the past that was labeled under a music shop's brand - something along the lines of "Adjusted for XYZ in the workshop of Eastman Strings". You can find the Cadoni and Eastman basses online here. I couldn't tell you if they are the same or not.
  3. Octavian

Octavian Supporting Member

Thanks Brad. That makes sense. The shop where he purchased the bass carries Eastman. That gives me a start to see what the TB gurus have to say about Eastman.