Sam Adams Beer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

I am not a beer connoisseur but recently I have stumbled upon Sam Adams Cream Stout. I think this is a great tasting beer. I haven't appreciated Bud or Coors Light since I was a young college age drunk but now I have become a dark beer lover. I like the IPA beers too but this one particular beer has become my mainstay for some time now. Today I also got a chance to try Sam Adams Black Lager..

Anyone else find one of these two beers a favorite?

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Cheers! If you are feeling adventurous, try the cherry wheat.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Get some Guinness too! Cherry wheat and Guinness make a black & tan of epicness.

4. line6man

line6man

I've had about 20 Sam Adams beers, but I've not tried either of those. I haven't seen them at my local beer shops, but I have been wanting to try the Cream Stout for some time.

I second the suggestion of Guinness, though. It's hard to beat that, when you want a good stout.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mushroo

Mushroo

Meh. I live in Massachusetts, and Sam Adams is not generally considered one of our better local beers.

That said, they were super-duper revolutionary and influential in the early microbrew boom of the 80s, so they've definitely paid their dues and paved the way for the golden age of beer we live in today. :)

7. ChloroPhil315

ChloroPhil315

Do you say golden age because of the color? :rolleyes:

8. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

20 some years ago , when Sam Adams was first breaking on the scene , it was my "go to" beer. Then I tried a Guinness Stout and that became my "go to" beer. Recently (in the last 5 years or so) a lot of bars and pubs have been bringing in off the wall imports and some really good local stuff too..My standard order for a beer these days is "I'll have the darkest , chewiest beer you've got." I can only remember one that I really didn't like.

9. Youngspanion

Youngspanion

Although I loved the Cherry Wheat a couple of years ago Kev, I have endured a taste change.

Guinness did not impress me when I tried it in November last year but the Cream Stout has. I might have to revisit the Guinness again just to be sure though.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    About 5 years ago at a bar near the University, Sam Adams White was the special, $2 a pint if I recall. Other than the imperial white they sell in large bottles I never see the regular white anymore.

11. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

I've found every Sam Adams I've tried to be a good, solid beer. Luckily, if a place is seriously lacking in good brew selection, that'll still at least have one of two Sam Adams offerings.

12. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

13. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

I've never tried a Sam Adams that I could stand. To me it's nasty nasty stuff.

Now Leinenkugel on the other hand. Never had anything of theirs that I didn't like.

14. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

15. spade2you

spade2you

That stuff is nasty. I'm 99% certain that they use the same cherry syrup that drug companies use because I used to make suspensions when I was a pharmacy student.

16. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I like Sam Adams....Winter Lager is my favorite of theirs

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think it's good beer. When we moved to NH, I thought it would taster better living closer to Boston, but it didn't really. I didn't find too many people into Sam Adams when we lived there. Most of the people I knew drank Harpoon, which was less than an hour from our house. Magic Hat and Long Trail were popular too.

-Mike

18. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I do like most Sam beers. Their seasonal cranberry lambic is a good time.

19. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

A Sam Adams rep was part of the most surrealistic day I experienced in the last ten years or so. Otherwise, I drink local brews.

20. bassinplace

bassinplace

Back when I used to drink beer Samuel Adams was consistently one of my favorites. Outside of the regular I tried several of their other offerings and never liked a single one.

21. Rodent

Rodent

Disclosures:
    Player/Builder/Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Harpoon IPA was my default beer when I lived in the BOS area. I tried several times to find a place locally that would order it for me - nada :(

Magic Hat #9 (with its hint of apricot) was good a good alternate to Harpoon for fish & chips

I also miss many of the other small brewery beers from the region, especially much of what comes from Shipyard (something about the yeast they use reminds me of certain Belgian beers I adore)

mmmm ... Pats or BoSox games on the tube with a Harpoon in hand and BBQ ribs on the plate. good times/memories indeed!

R