1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

2. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Sam Ash LaBella close-out; $30 for 3 sets!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by JoePlaysDaBass, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Sam Ash's close outs are awesome! During December, they posted a Gibson Flying V in classic white for $799. They normally retail around $1200 near me. I thought about it overnight & ordered it the next day.

2. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  3. woofdoggy

woofdoggy

Apr 15, 2012
    Just got a set, pretty hard to get that price for ANY 3 string set...especially when flatwounds are involved.

4. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
  5. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    NM
    +1; those are all rounds.

6. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

no flats but those Deep T's on a jazz are killer...don't know about the other two sets though

7. woofdoggy

woofdoggy

Apr 15, 2012
    I just cant read, my bad.

8. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Snagged a trio. Looking forward to trying them.

9. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Deep Talkin' Bass are flats...

They've been running this deal for a while now, I grabbed a pack at my local Sam Ash a few months ago.

10. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Those Deep Talkin' are Stainless Steel Roundwound.

11. Shinbone

Shinbone

Dec 21, 2006
    Orange Park, FL
    BSO has a slightly different set on special right now.

Labella 3 pack

12. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Guess I'm trying LaBella strings. Snagged a 3 pack this morning. $35 after shipping. Still a great deal.

13. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yeah, my mistake!

14. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93

Sep 14, 2011
    I got 2 sets the other day. $60 w/ free shipping for 6 sets of roundwound strings in guages that I typically use... Not too shabby! I've only tried the deep talking flats so I'm curious how the deep talking rounds and others will sound!

15. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Havnt used LaBella's in years, great deal, what the hell, ill give em another shot.

16. My '72 precision has been wearing deep talkin' flats for the last several months, and I absolutely love them. This 3 pack is less than I paid for that one set. Really excited to give the rounds a try.

17. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
    The Deep talking rounds are tremendous strings. IMHO the best roundwond string out there for a overall sound. Won't do the ric /roto thing well but for R&B and overall sound the best. Not sure about the other 2 sets but if one is the new name for the hard rockin strings they used to make then go out and get a thunderbird and rock on. great strings , sound like piano strings on my TBirds.

18. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    I bought 2. I have a nickel allergy so if anyone is down to trade a stainless steel set for a nickel set when I receive them hit me up. Would prefer to do a 2 for 2 with just one person to keep things fairly simple.

19. I'm enjoying the nickles. How do ya'll like em?

20. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

The steels and the nickels sound good on a Jazz. A little zingy and they feel stiff compared with flats. Low E definitely gets down there.