1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Samick Artist Series P bass copy any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Micaiahf, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

so i found the above bass at a pawn shop $40 so i slapped it on layaway how good are they are they **** and will good fender 52 vintage RI pickup save it? not that i'm really To much of a bassist (guitarist, piano, singer/songwriter:bag:) I've already got a peavey foundation 5 that i love! and looking for a P bass for versatility

for recording and or playing with bands

its a cream body with a blackguard so i'm assuming early to late 90s?

pros:

cons:
  2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Not bad for $40.
  3. electracoyote

electracoyote

I remember the Samick Artist series, it covered electric, acoustic, and basses. They utilized some pretty good techs for the designs and really bumped up the quality and sold them at entry-level prices. It was all good stuff, probably perfect for your needs. You may even be happy with the electronics.

Could you give us a model name/number or take a phone pic for us to look at?

Of course, this is all dependent upon the condition of the instrument and whether or not it's been abused or the materials are fundamentally flawed, which is something we'd have a hard time telling from pictures. $40 for a useless neck is $40 wasted IMHO.
  4. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

well i don't have pics yet, but it played well although the action was like slide player high the neck is pretty good from what i can tell, and the over all condition looked taken care of. aside from the crude pickup cover being jacked up and the action like a slide player it played well.

i'm 24 so i know a thing or two and well there was a squier p bass for like $140 next to it and i'm like meh i like the looks of the samick better and once i get it set up it will be better to lol IMHO
  5. Flyingfrets

Flyingfrets

Samick built guitars for Epiphone for years (some of the best instruments ever offered by Epiphone).

Their self-branded instruments were IME better than those they built for other companies.

$40? I'd say you did WAY better than alright...especially for your stated purposes.
  6. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

hahaha~! alright well awesome! that puts me at ease and am looking forward to having it~!