1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Samick P bass review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Micaiahf, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

okay so i picked it up $40 paid off so i took it home, plugged it in and wow...pretty damn good and light as hell maybe like 3-5lbs my foundation 5 is like 10 at least lol the bad the neck is bowed but not all that bad and the nut could be trimmed down a bit for better action cause its kinda like playing a slide guitar but trying to play it like a normal guitar lol oh and the serial number is 5031286 and its a maple neck i did up the intonation my self and all in all i'm very pleased i've played $600-1000 strats and tele's that where sat up horribly at GC and the like so i'd give it a 7-10 just for picking up the damn thing today. i'm a happy camper
  2. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me. Supporting Member

7/10 for a bass with a bowed neck that needs work done on the nut? You're more generous than I am.

Glad you like it though.
  3. Salamenster

Salamenster

Is it the Fairline FN-2? I have one too, I use it as my 'pick-bass'. Got an upgrade in the PU department and now it's ready t rock.
  4. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

well keep in mind i'm 24 and am no bassist really, guitarist, piano and singer song writer as well as drummer, bass is just a fun side hobby thing not to serious, until i go out and play for bands on occasion or when i'm recording my own stuff.

and well i mean hey $40 thats like a pair of bass strings so who really cares i have so much more leeway to get it up and running into a great player bass so i'm very content just saying

and no its a Artist Series