1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Sandy Hook Elementary

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by musicianary, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicianary

musicianary

Let's say a prayer for the families and loved ones of the victims of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I can't even begin to imagine the depth of sorrow and grief those parents are feeling. Love your kids, y'all, and love everyone around you. This goes to show that you just never know.

2. darren1970

darren1970

I'm a teacher and I can't believe how terrible this tragedy is.
    My prayers to the victims families too.

3. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

Prayers on the way.

I can't imagine anything worse than to be a parent and get that news.

4. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

My girlfriend just email the story to me. Unbelievably tragic. I wish they would have caught the guy, he deserved a lot more than a quick death.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

I don't pray, but as a teacher, parent of two small kids, and someone who grew up not far from Newtown, CT, I'm crying over this. Just horrible.

7. jaywa

jaywa

All those funerals are gonna be happening the week before Christmas. Words fail.

8. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

I live in the town next door (Bethel). This is rather unbelievable.

9. jaywa

jaywa

I have three grandchildren ages 2 to 7, and a daughter who works at a daycare / afterschool facility with children in the exact age range as those victims.

Suffice to say I am shaken.

10. bolophonic

bolophonic

I am hugging my baby right now. I am dumbstruck by the horror of this event.

11. musicianary

musicianary

I hear you. I have two-year-old twin girls, and I swear, if anyone ever tried to hurt them, he better hope and pray that I'm dead before I find him.

12. musicianary

musicianary

My father is a teacher in Alabama. I called him and told him I love him and to be careful. Like I said, you just never know..

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Dumbstruck. As a teacher and a parent it's just....

Sigh.

I gotta go hug my son again.

14. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

^
    Yup, my wife is a kindergarten teacher and I nearly went to go get our 2 YO daughter from daycare as soon as I heard but I wanted to get composed first. Not to mention my company having a huge office 20 minutes away and my best friend living 30 minutes away. All ok, but just devastated.

I don't pray...today I did.

15. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

My heart is heavy and I'm just so sad for everyone effected by this monster. I could never start to know or understand what those families are going thru.

My wife is a teacher and today they had two middle school girls taken out in handcuffs to youth detention center for a violent fight. I worry about her daily but not as much as my Daughter a 3rd grader. I hugged her so tight today when I got home...just can't imagine...

16. kjpollo

kjpollo

Personally, I'm glad he's dead. It spares the families the ordeal of a trial. Plus our spineless congress repealed our death penalty so all that would happen is that he would live out a life sentence and I'd be paying for his food, shelter, medical care and cable TV for another 50 or so years.

17. musicianary

musicianary

+1.. Although a 9mm bullet would be much, much cheaper..

18. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

I'm not saying anything about a trial. Screw prison time. I am a firm believer in just being rid of these types of people all together. I guess I got what I wanted by him being dead but slow torture untill death would have been my vote. And I know this topic has all been argued out on TB so I'm not going to go any farther with it. Don't want a hijack.

The picture on the front page of a news paper this morning, in the corner store, almost sent me into a fit. I almost lost it all the way back to the truck where I had to collect myself. I've been praying so hard about this since I heard but this morning, the significance struck.

19. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

20. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

21. kjpollo

kjpollo

Thie first 2 funerals are today for 2 of the little boys who died.

I HOPE those dirtbags dont show up. The poor families have been through enough and they have a VERY long road ahead of them.

My heart still hurts and when details were emerging, it turns out the principal went to my HS and I knew her, though very distantly. I saw a friend at church on Saturday afternoon and she was still beside herself talking about "our Dawn".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.