sans amp BDDI with a gk 1001 rb 2, yay or nay?? opinions please.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 23, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey all, I've been using my new amp the GK 1001 RB II since I got it last month and I've also picked up a Neo 410 to run with it. Now I have for a long time pushed a fender bassman with a 400 watt yorkville bassmaster and I suplimented that rig with the sans amp bass driver di and had great results with that. Now that I've got this rig though, I'm really really loving the tone of the GK sans sans amp. But after playing this amp and cab rig for a little I feel like I'm nit getting enough tone and or "edge" to my sound while playing louder in a jam setting. What are your guys opinions on this? Any of you familiar with these particular pieces of equipment together enough to form a strong opinion on this amp and cab with or WITHOUT the sans amp bddi?

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

you just gotta try it.

in fact, try using the sansamp as your entire preamp!

run it into the effects return or power amp in of the GK, so it bypasses all the controls of the GK and turns it into a straight power amp. you might be surprised.

3. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    Hmm, never thought of that. I will try that. It's a good idea, thanks.

4. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

That's my setup right now, but with an RB700II. The best part is that you retain the bi-amping and boost functions when bypassing the GK's pre-amp. Versatile tone monster.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm trying it as I type. I like. I'll keep going with this and see how my next jam goes, thanks so much for the info and opinions fellas.