1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sansamp 3 channel programmable bass driver di

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JanBethany, Jan 8, 2013.

1. JanBethany

JanBethany

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone can give me a tip on how to best set-up the Sansamp bass di if im connecting it to an orange terror bass 500 amp head driving an orange obc115.

I tried connecting my bass to the Sansamp input and sending the output of the Sansamp to the return jack of the orange amp head. It sounded really good but from what I've read, in doing this kind of set-up you will not be using the amp head's pre-amp but the signal of the Sansamp goes directly to the power amp stage. If this is the case, i feel like it's such a waste not to be able to make use of the orange valve preamp stage.

Although, i tried the other approach of bass to orange amp head then send to Sansamp input then Sansamp out - return. I heard that this kind of set-up will go through the amp head's preamp stage, however i seem to be hearing a lot of noise coming out from the speakers even with minimal volume and gain on the amp head. If someone has the same kind of equipment please let me know how you set-up yours and if you are hearing noises too with the same set-up mentioned above.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated. Cheers!
  2. phatstringsjc

phatstringsjc

Try putting it in this order,
    Bass> sansamp> front of amp

That way your using both preamps and from my experience with the bass deluxe it gets nice and driven before the amp so you don't have to work the pre in your amp as much.
    I've tried all three ways but I still get some noise so i use a boss noise suppressor to get rid of some of the hiss.
  3. murphy

murphy

best idea if you want to use the orange preamp
  4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

This also means you get 'your sound' from the sanamp and use the Orange's EQ to compensate for room acoustics. That way you can get a consistent tone from venue to venue.