1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ZtuxBP14, Mar 18, 2014.

1. ZtuxBP14

ZtuxBP14 Supporting Member

I tried to research on this site (which was confusing in a way)for the recommended use of the Sans amp bass driver deluxe in regards to running it direct from the guitar and into the amp, or running it through the effects loop.

My amp is an Ampeg SVT-7 Pro.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. HoboCop

HoboCop

I just run mine right into the preamp of my Eden WT-550. The instructions say you should bypass your amps preamp all together and run right into the effects return from the sansamp with your bass plugged in to it. It's flexible enough where you can get the right levels for any of those use cases.. I think it's mostly about what you thing sounds better. I don't know about Ampeg gear, the preamp section of the Eden is really pretty transparent.

3. ZtuxBP14

Thanks for the input.

4. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You can go either way. I think its recommended you should go into the effects loop but you can run it into the preamp as well, like stated above, whatever sounds best to your ears. Just out of curiosity, why would you run a BDDI with an Ampeg SVT 7 Pro anyway?? Just wondering, as the BDDI is supposed to mimic the Ampeg sound........

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I used to use a BDDI with my GK rig, into the front, because I preferred the low end control on the BDDI to the GK low control. I also preferred the DI on the BDDI.

My reasons for using it disappeared since switching to a PF-500. The DI on the Ampeg is great, pre or post, and the tone controls are very much to my liking.

7. ZtuxBP14

I'm playing around with the bddi on my GK combo and on my SVT 7-Pro to see how much tonal control I can actually get.

I'm pretty close to putting my SVT and SVT -410HLF up for sale that I only have about 7 hours on. I'm looking towards Hartke as I like the sound better.

8. ZtuxBP14

Thanks Steve, I'm hooking it up now.:bassist:

9. TinIndian

TinIndian

I have a SansAmp Paradriver. I use a GenzBenz Streamliner 900 and I've tried it both ways in front or thru the effects loop. Works either way without trouble. I carry it with me to every gig for use as a backup in case my amp has a problem. Never has but I'm covered in case.

10. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:

I used a BDDI for years into a yorkie bassmaster 400, it did me quite well for a long time. But then after all those years I got a gear bug. I found another preamp and went with GK as my main rig of choice. Love my setup now. I guess my point is, don't be scared to experiment with what you're doing. Sounds like that's what you're doing and it's always fun to discover new gear. Good luck to you! Hope you find something you like and can settle on.

11. ZtuxBP14

Thanks Greg...I'm not noticing much difference in sound through the FX loop other than increasing drive and presence...trying direct now.

12. ZtuxBP14

It does take some time to find various sounds with this, but it sounds much better direct than in the FX loop. It really made my GK come alive but didn't seem to impact enough on the Ampeg.

I'm in the market for a new rig even though I have only owned the Ampeg SVT-7 Pro for about a month...looks like it will hit a classified of some sort.

If anyone else has made this bddi successful on an Ampeg SVT head, please feel free to share your settings. I do realize the bass plays a big part too in which I have Ibanez soundgear bass'.

13. DLESSING

DLESSING

What difference did you find between the para driver and bass driver? Does the mid control make a real world difference? Does the para give the same sounds as the BD?

Thanks