Sansamp BDDI Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Resoslide, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Resoslide

Resoslide

I'm considering a Sansamp BDDI and it does wonders for my Jazz American Special. I have not found much need for it though with my Washburn XB925 with active pickups. It seems to be a duplicate to the basses pre-amp. Does anyone use one with an active bass and if so, how?

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

For overdrive tone and DI.

3. Resoslide

Resoslide

I run into my Peavey Max 118 which has transtube. Would the sansamp be better for o/d?

4. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

I don't use the BDDI but i do use its big brother the RBI as the preamp in my rig and most of the basses I've owned have been active. Onboard preamps on basses mix differently with different "rig" preamps. When it comes to eq sometimes they don't do much an onboard pre doesn't already do, sometimes the eq effects completely different frequencies. That said IMO the "magic" with sans amps really is the ability to blend two signals to get a huge sound and a lot of flexibility by being able to adjust the level of the two signals. For me i get my "modern" tones from my onboard pres and more rock oriented tones from the sans amp. My sans amp is set up for a slightly gritty thick rock tone with the blend around 2oclock on the RBI. If i want a more modern cleaner tone all i do is turn the blend knob down to get more of the natural sound of the bass which allows me to use the sans amp RBI for basically every tone id have a need for.

5. Register to disable this ad