1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sansamp PBDDI battery question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by musicman666, Nov 29, 2012.

1. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Simple question, can't find answer in owners manual. I always unplug the 1/4'' jacks when done playing but I am curious if it drains the battery if I leave the jacks plugged in.
    Does leaving the 1/4'' plug in on the PBDDI drain the battery. Should I continue to unplug my bass jack?
    Thanks!
  2. Steveaux

Steveaux

From the manual ...

"POWER REQUIREMENTS
    *Operable with phantom power supply, minimum 24V DC regulated, however, 48V DC regulated is
    recommended in order to illuminate LED.
    *Utilizes standard 9V alkaline battery (not included).To install, simply remove door cover. (NOTE:
    The Input activates battery.To conserve energy, unplug when not in use.) Power Consumption:
    approx. 5mA.
    *USE DC POWER SUPPLY ONLY! Failure to do so may damage the
    unit and void warranty. DC Power Supply Specifications:
    -9V DC regulated or unregulated, 100mA minimum;
    -2.1mm female plug, center negative (-).
    Optional factory power supply is available:Tech 21 Model #DC2."
  3. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

LOL^^^Thanks...I swear I read that manual twice and didn't see that!