Sansamp RBI vs. VT-RM?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Johnny Vance, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Johnny Vance

Johnny Vance

What's the difference? Will the RBI simulate an SVT? I'm about too buy one. I need help deciding.
  2. tech21nyc

tech21nyc

Disclosures:
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    The RBI can get into SVT territory. The VT Bass line of products are designed to give you a library of Ampeg style tones from B15 to SVT.

It's really best to try both if possible. The VT has more tonal range and some like the RBI for simplicity. It also depends how you plan to run your rig. Will the rack mount be used as a stand alone preamp with a power amp and speaker, direct to board or into the front end of an amp?
  3. Johnny Vance

Johnny Vance

Ill be running a Behringer iNuke 1000 power amp and a Ampeg Heritage SVT 8x10 cab. 70s 80s 90s Hard Rock Cover band. Running direct for in ear monitoring and a little color in the PA as we don't have sub's right now. I'm looking for SVT Growl and punch. Sounds like the RBI is the one I need. Any other advice? Thanks
  4. tech21nyc

tech21nyc

Disclosures:
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Both units would probably work for you. Seeing as that you have a lot of power and an 810 cab can I assume the in-ears are mainly for vocals?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Johnny Vance

Johnny Vance

Yes in ears for vocals. I've had that RBI since April. Somebody up above was right. The RBI can get in SVT territory. But not close enuff for me. I got a VT Bass RM on the way. The RBI doesnt seem to not have a lot of low end. Bass knob all the way and just never could get that sound. I will say this. The RBI has killer overdrive/distortion. In fact I might keep it and set it for a lot of drive and presence. And footswitch it on when I want that much grind. May sound cool. Thanks for all the help.