Sansamp vt bass pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sean b 1970, Jan 31, 2014.

1. sean b 1970

sean b 1970 Supporting Member

I recently purchased the bddi and am impressed with the sound but knew that I was going to return and order the programmable version at some point if the general sound worked for me. I am very curious about the vt deluxe ( after reading many reviews) my question to you is , considering that the DI portion of the pedal is important to me, is the di on the VT deluxe the same as the VT bass DI?In other words, am I sacrificing a good DI for programmability? I have to order and wait either way as neither pedal is available to try out

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think that they would be the same. I cant say for certain but as in looking at the VT DI, it looks like it is modeled in the same box and fashion as the BDDI. I always liked the VT better. There was more tonal options available than the BDDI. This is after using the BDDI for years. But to answer your question, I would think that they are the same DI.

3. sean b 1970

Thx for the info...was also wondering if you miss the blend knob as I plan on leaving it on I personally found the blend knob useful...

4. sean b 1970

Just realized, your vt has a blend knob...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aphexafx

aphexafx A mind is a terrible thing. Supporting Member

I agree with gregmon that, if not physically identical, all Tech 21 balanced line drivers are going to be of very good quality. I wouldn't worry about a lesser line driver in the deluxe.

(But I like the BDDI better!) :smug:

7. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

No sacrifice...I believe the DI occurs at different points in the circuit, but both will have the same quality. The tradeoff is in feature set. The VT DI has some different tonal possibilities due to the Bite, Blend and Speaker Sim defeat (among other things) and compact, while the Deluxe will give you the six presets, effects loop and ability to easily swap out basses.

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:

Yeah, the new VT DI has the blend pot. The older did not. But no, I didn't miss the blend going from the BDDI to the VT. The VT had so much more "juice" or tone. The BDDI was cool but had it's own flavor. I usually set the blend no higher than noon.