1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Santa is delivering an Eden 410XLT.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Fendernut, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Fendernut

Fendernut

I’ve heard several gigging bassists with this cab and I decided to take the plunge. I currently have a Markbass amp however I’m going to keep this as part of a back-up rig ….I’m just not overly excited about the Markbass amp tone.

I am leaning towards the following amps to match new cab…GK 1001rb GK700 RB or Eden WT550. I would love to hear feedback from anyone experienced with this combo of for that matter any Eden 410XLT –Amp combo that they favor. Thank you in advance for your help!
  2. Durden26

Durden26 Supporting Member

Glockenklang Soul + 410XLT is amazing.
  3. alembicbones

alembicbones

Great call on the D410XLT. It's a solid, versatile cab. Also, really good bang for the buck.

As for an amp to match up with it, my first thought would be an Eden WT800. My buddy has this rig and it performs really well. On a personal side, I just obtained a Fender Bassman 100T and am pairing it with the D410XLT. I'm very happy with the tone and performance.

Bones
  4. Cirk

Cirk

Make sure you leave a shot and a beer for Santa! Hope he leaves a nice Warwick at my place!
  5. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

+1 to that.
    I have measurement and playing experience with D410XLT, and confirm it is a real kicker.
    The Eden bark offers a lot of cut through the mix.

The weak spot in this cab is over powering and creasing the drivers.
    OP, if you are a hard pounder around 44 Hz (F1) this is the range where the cones can crease at the box tuning frequency.

The opposing air load at resonance reduces cone motion to almost nil.
    When the drivers have enough input energy and cannot move, they will crease.
  6. Fendernut

Fendernut

Thanks to all for your feedback…..yeah I’ve read some threads with complaints on speaker creasing on this cab. They all seemed to be attributed to amps that overpowered the speaker. I am getting the 8 ohm version so I’m thinking I’ll be safe with the current amp recommendations. Are there other variables that anyone is aware of that contribute to premature speaker/driver failure on this cab?

Hope you get your Warwick Cirk!
  7. Lowest End

Lowest End

I've been using one for a few years and absolutely love it. The only problem with it is that I don't have two of them.

I sometimes use an older GK 400RB with it. I'm not a huge GK fan but they definitely work nicely together. If you go for that GK aggressive clank then the Eden will reproduce it nicely for you.

Enjoy!
  8. bassbombs84

bassbombs84

Congratulations! That cab is amazing. A classic really. Ive had great results with Eden heads (obviously) as well as my Ampeg V4B.
  9. millsbass5

millsbass5

Ooh, That'd be nice, for sure. Or, it'd be well worth your while to find an OLDER WT-Series head also. I purchased my Eden rig (2 4x10xlt's w/roadcases, & WT800) 1996-97.
    Needless to say, I've never had not one, single hiccup out of any of my Eden gear. And, I've gigged every single weekend with 'em since I copped 'em.
    If this ain't a positive review, then I dunno what to tell you.
  10. Schlyder

Schlyder

Trace Elliot + Eden = :D
  11. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I used a D410XLT4 for over 10 years 2-5 nights a week with a Eden WT-400 +. I love the sound and am still an Eden user to this day.

If it weren't for the weight I'd still be running that cab. The WT-400 + put out 400 Watts into it as the cab was 4 ohm. I'm not sure the WT-550's 300W at 8 ohms will be enough for you or else I'd recommend the matching Eden head.

I often had my WT-400 just at the clip light engaging on the peaks. It was always loud enough and ran like that for over 10 years without any problems.

As for other heads, I'd suggest buying an Eden WTDI and placing it in the effects return of your MarkBass. I do this with my F500 and get a great Eden tone with Markbass power and weight.
  12. Durden26

Durden26 Supporting Member

I actually gig with 2 410XLT's and the Glockenklang. It's got growl for days. Been on this combination for 8 years. Only time I've had issues is when I lent my cabs for someone else to plug into. Blew a cone out...That was an expensive lesson learned. :rollno:

13. Swipter

Swipter

The WTDI makes my LMII sound like Eden. Love it.
  14. Fendernut

Fendernut

I didn’t think of the WTDI so thank you for that recommendation! The WTDI in front of the Markbass MT800 sounds like a winner

Good point on the WT550 300 watts at 8 ohms….borderline horsepower. I would love the WT800 …..….great amp but a major cashectomy at this point in lieu of the 410XLT purchase
  15. RockBobby

RockBobby Supporting Member

V-4, 800RB, PV VB2, ABM500, 2000S, all sound great through this cab. It's 100lbs, but a solid performer. I have not tried any of the micro amps through it, but I like the sound of iron anyway.
  16. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

But always a good investment!
    And if you ever need more power get a D210XST. More speaker surface and more power from the amp. And also cheaper then getting a WT800. Just an idea.
    One of the best cab combinations!
    I used it for years.
  17. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

I'm kind of surprised nobody has requested LDS, etc, to build a vertical 4x10 equivalent.
    Tune it the same, move the Eden drivers, and you have instant vertical D410XLT.

Built from 1/2" baltic birch, it would be lighter than the stock cab.
    The tall and skinny would have better horizontal dispersion.
    And, it might be easier to schlep around as a tilt-back on casters.

My T39 horn is 39H x 27W x 20D, and moves around as a tilt-back. Very roadie friendly.
    It has a lot more 1/2" BB than a reflex cab, and the weight is manageable.
  18. R Baer

R Baer Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Baer Amplification
    I played a WT550 and 410XLT for years. I think people are just used to hearing about modern amps with 800,900, 1200 watts to the point where 550w starts to sound a little wimpy. Trust me, this absolutely great sounding rig and you will not have any trouble being heard.
  19. murphy

murphy

I think you will be very happy with your Markbass head into Eden cab.

I had Wt400 and WT800....switched to markbass heads SA450 and was vey happy
  20. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Great cab, I'd top it off with a Eden 550.