Sasha Krivtsov - Rock Star House Band

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by tplyons, Jul 5, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

After seeing Rockstar tonight, I couldn't help but notice, not only did Sasha have great tone on bass, but that guy can PLAY! He even made straight 8th notes sound good.

He's also played with Billy Idol and a few others. He's probably one of my favorite unknowns.

Anyone else like his playing?
  2. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Yeah, i like him... There's a interview in BP (the one with flea) and he said that the studio he was working at sold him that MM bass for $100.00.....

That guy is just plain lucky.
  3. tplyons

tplyons

Yeah, it's a vintage 2 band. Morons.

I'm trying to get a modern 2 band, not to sound like him, to sound like I used to :)
  4. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I remember last year thinking how much better the house band sounded next to INXS.:eek: The drummer smokes too!!
  5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:
    Very good player.
    Was a walking Musicman aid on the show.
    Played 5 different MM's. and a Gibsin EB-3.
  6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Yeah, Sasha can play. Great groove and great tone!

+1 on the drummer! That guy kills.

:cool:
  7. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    He is a fantastic player.. truely diverse in many rock styles.. And for once the guy mixing for the TV feed knows that he sounds good and puts him up in the mix... I was at NAMM in january and he was playing with the same band in the Roland exhibit.. They were smokin'.
    He has a few MM basses and they all sound good. The 3 band one as well as his Pre EB 2 band.
  8. fenderx55

fenderx55

IIRC, I read a profile on the drummer in Modern Drummer, it's the same guy from American Idol. Sasha is seriously awesome though.
  9. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

Both seasons, the house band smokes the big name band without thinking about it twice. The lead guitarist rips too.
  10. gwx014

gwx014

He's a really great player. I didn't think many of the singers were very good last night though.
  11. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    Thought I would resurrect this old thread. I've been watching "The Voice", and the house band are the same guys that used to be on "Rockstar"...Sasha is a "bad a$$"...This entire band just kills (Nate Morton on drums...amazing)...they make the cats on Idol look like amateurs.

He's still playing GK amps, but I think he's using some Fender and Mike Lull Basses now.
  12. shizoz

shizoz

Yeah, watched the Voice tonight, and I couldn't help but notice how great the bass sounded. The boy can play, fo sho!
  13. Bearcat

Bearcat

Sasha really caught my attention last season on The Voice when when he was sportin' that Gretsch White Falcon Bass on the live shows! I had the show coming through my big speakers -- oh man, what bottom. Tonight (this 2014 season) however, I see he's using a Music Man. This bass sounds fine, but IMHO it doesn't look like much. Not much else commands the stage visually like the White Falcon bass.